Beware of the Forest Cow

Them cows were doing nothing but being curious.

Good looking cows too. Nice and healthy. If that guy runs up on them about July, he’s really going to get scared. Because them mommy cows love some summertime salt.

Last edited:
As a guy with a full time job in the cattle industry.....this might be the hardest I've laughed in a good while. I just about spit my beverage on my screen.

The music, the panic in this "man's" voice. He might as well have been standing in front of a pack of velociraptors. Dude definitely had to change his pants.

Meanwhile those cows were just trying to figure out what in the hell this asshat was doing standing on their buffet screaming like a child. You got any cake brah?

I walk feedlot pens at lunch 5 days a week. This is the exact reaction every single day. Cows see a dude on foot and it inspires them to act all goofy and trot around like they are looking at an alien creature. They will run up to the edge of their flight zone and stare like they are looking at ET, then bust off in the opposite direction at full speed. They like to play.

This guy is interpreting it as the end of his life.

As a guy with a full time job in the cattle industry.....this might be the hardest I've laughed in a good while. I just about spit my beverage on my screen.

The music, the panic in this "man's" voice. He might as well have been standing in front of a pack of velociraptors. Dude definitely had to change his pants.

Meanwhile those cows were just trying to figure out what in the hell this asshat was doing standing on their buffet screaming like a child. You got any cake brah?

I walk feedlot pens at lunch 5 days a week. This is the exact reaction every single day. Cows see a dude on foot and it inspires them to act all goofy and trot around like they are looking at an alien creature. They will run up to the edge of their flight zone and stare like they are looking at ET, then bust off in the opposite direction at full speed. They like to play.

This guy is interpreting it as the end of his life.
the music sent me 😂

They just wanted a snack!

When I was a kid a big horned cow had just dropped a calf and I was walking down a fence line to a hunting spot, she made some crazy noises and chased me down the road full speed. I ended up throwing my rifle over the fence and diving over it like Superman just as she caught up. That cow paced back and forth at the fence with a look in her eyes I'll never forget. This herd in the video didn't have that look, they look curious and happy to see the guy.
Been there, done that!
Landowner had a cow whose calf ended up on the wrong side of a fence. Little feller would have died if I had left him.
Mama was a big old polled whiteface.
The calf walked up to me and I reached through the fence and grabbed an ear. Calf set up bawling until I could get my hand on it's lower jaw and clamp it's tongue down.
Drug the little fart under the fence and let him go. My hunting pard was whupping cows in the face with his cap until I could release the calf. Then the whole herd ran off.
Cattle are stupid. Stupid can hurt you!

I had a “forest bull” giving me the evil eye when I was hunting in Wyoming. I was kind of wishing I had a muleta…

View attachment 710593
Most scared I've ever been while hunting is when a 'forest bull' came up the trail following his cows.
That low rumble(growl) and the look in his eyes had me looking for anything I could put between he and I.
Not having been raised around livestock, I can only guess he had bad intentions.
Thankfully, the cows moved on and he followed.
That thing was massive, like in the Bugs Bunny cartoon.

There is a population of feral cattle in Hawaii.
As I understand it, they can be quite dangerous.
I hunted around feral cattle for years. Ninety-nine percent of the time, they move away from human contact. I've only felt threatened once or twice.
I worked in an auction barn as a teen. Some of the cattle, especially the cows, those guys drug up out if creek and river bottoms and swamps could definitely get VERY testy!
A modicum of caution was required to deal with them.
Some breeds, especially brahma, will get feisty when they get stirred up.

Below is an article on the feral cattle of Hawaii. I understand that dangerous game calibers (.375 H&H and up) should be used to hunt them.
For the life of me, I can't imagine telling someone, "I went to Hawaii to hunt wild cows!" 🤠

I don't do social media, but if one of you would be so kind as to let him know I expect him to cut his man card in half. If that's too scary he can put it in the freezer and then break it.

And post it on social media of course.
That makes the assumption he had one in the first place. I have my doubts.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Back