Best zeiss scope around 1500$ for hunting and a bit of range shooting suggestions please!

Plumbeeer

FNG
1500$ for hunting and a bit of range shooting suggestions please louisiana hunter

Pdzoller

WKR
I have two Zeiss scopes that have been good to me. Both have been abused and dropped a few times. No loss of zero and no tracking issues. Have taken both out to 600 yards on steel many times.

That said, I have witnessed issues with the same models on friends rifles. I just picked up a Maven RS1.2 for $1300 in a package deal with rings, lens caps and a little cover. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet but have read good things.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Maven RS1.2 is what I believe you should research for that price point. Best of luck

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. You're timing is perfect as our July's Black Friday Weekend Sale runs through tomorrow. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Airohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had and still own several V4's and a V6. In that price range I have used Leupold and Vortex, I would put the Zeiss above them all. NEVER had an issue with Zeiss on any hunting rifle or match rifle, 1000 plus rounds without a single issue.

OP
Plumbeeer

Plumbeeer

FNG
What would u recommend in zeiss for say 40 yrds upto say 600 yrds i dont know how mil works but am going to learn?

Airohunter

Lil-Rokslider
What would u recommend in zeiss for say 40 yrds upto say 600 yrds i dont know how mil works but am going to learn?
I prefer the 6-24 but if 600yds is your max you'd probably like the 4-16. I am still MOA, too invested to switch.

sdupontjr

WKR
I see it posted and I too wonder why Zeiss? I'm a Louisiana guy, as I see in your post. I hunt hardwoods as well as open fields. I decided to go with the best low light optic that I could swing and settled on the Schmidt Bender Polar T96 4-16x56. By hunting in Louisiana, you follow the 30min after sunset rules as I do. Problem is at sunset, my woods are so thick that you can hardly see, much less 30 min after sunset. This optic can easily put me in jail for staying out hunting waaayyyy pass legal times. So if your not limited to Zeiss, consider this one. My shot too are from around 40-300 yards, but I'm sure that 16x can get you to 600 yards.
tikka.jpg

Airohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I see it posted and I too wonder why Zeiss? I'm a Louisiana guy, as I see in your post. I hunt hardwoods as well as open fields. I decided to go with the best low light optic that I could swing and settled on the Schmidt Bender Polar T96 4-16x56. By hunting in Louisiana, you follow the 30min after sunset rules as I do. Problem is at sunset, my woods are so thick that you can hardly see, much less 30 min after sunset. This optic can easily put me in jail for staying out hunting waaayyyy pass legal times. So if your not limited to Zeiss, consider this one. My shot too are from around 40-300 yards, but I'm sure that 16x can get you to 600 yards.
View attachment 740146
I think Schmidt and Bender far exceed the $1500 threshold. Otherwise get a ZCO.

RDUB

FNG
Classified Approved
I love my Zeiss Conquest V4 (6-24x50). I haven’t had any problems with the scope itself, only issue was after a few shots the scope moved. This wasn’t the scopes fault it was a mounting problem, I shoot a 300 win mag so it was a lot of force on a poorly mounted scope. Shot a Muley through the heart and out the lungs last year from 250 yards (I know some of you guys are gonna say your fathers sisters uncles nephew has shot one farther). I can’t recommend it enough. 0D2FB8D8-3541-4249-B401-D3290039F135.jpeg