Best way to ship a pack?

NDGuy

WKR
Trying to sell my mystery ranch Metcalf pack what’s the most economical way to ship something like that? UPS quoted me $50 that seems crazy, am I missing something?

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to sell my mystery ranch Metcalf pack what’s the most economical way to ship something like that? UPS quoted me $50 that seems crazy, am I missing something?
I shipped the same pack from Montana over to far east and USPS was 75-120 depending on time. I suggest just to find the smallest box it will fit in and ship it. I don't think your gonna find a much better price. Maybe someone else will have a better idea though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

General rule is small heavy items are best in a usps flare rate.

Bulky items regardless of weight are a pita. I had good luck with fed ex and ups ground. If you can ship through your work you will most likely be looking at 35-50$ with insurance. I strongly recommend you ask your boss because the cost is worth it.

yes. shipping through a business is cheaper than for an individual. Even if you have to find a friend that has a business connection and can get it done.

renagde

WKR
Try to get as flat as a box as possible. If you have to, cut down a box to the right size and re-tape. The last frame I shipped from the east coast to Colorado. I broke down a box into a 6x16x30" box. Cost $13 USPS as "retail parcel" or something. Just a little bit slower then priority mail and without insurance. Added $350 insurance and it came out to about $18 total.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
That makes sense guys thanks for the tips, I was gonna sell my pack until I was quoted that $50. I was like why the F would anyone ever ship a pack if that is what they cost lol

Trial153

WKR
I just shipped a pack to Ga from NY ...14$ via USPS...total weight 7 pounds.

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
Shipping UPS and fedex is best, its not about cheap but safety and guaranties, i always ship with a tracking#

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Shipping UPS and fedex is best, its not about cheap but safety and guaranties, i always ship with a tracking#
Well yeah so do I, just don't feel I should pay 20% of the item's worth to get it to someone. I would rather give them a fair price and not be completely screwed on a 1 year old pack that was worn 3 times.

sneaky

"DADDY"
UPS insurance is a joke and a waste of money. Sure, you'll get a tracking number, but if you go to ever file a claim then good luck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
Well yeah so do I, just don't feel I should pay 20% of the item's worth to get it to someone. I would rather give them a fair price and not be completely screwed on a 1 year old pack that was worn 3 times.
OK, well said. Kinda feels like a rip off thinking of it now.

Pezboat

WKR
Scheels shipped a Metcalf to me in basically a garbage bag (it was a little heavier and not transparent). I used the same bag and it was like $20 to ship. Another idea.

gotta shop the big 3. Fed Ex,UPS,USPS. can be big differences. Staples will have discount code most months to use at there UPS ship terminals. tracking number is a must but as a person who has delt with damaged and not received goods you will most always loose.thats why i never pay extra for insurance. for me its a scam for them to make more money. they make the proof of burden way too difficult. pack it well and cross your fingers. ive tried the plastic bag sleeves and found not any cheaper than a carboard box if cut to fit the item properly.id say 20-30$ for a pack would be about right.

cmahoney

WKR
I have shipped a couple. Made my own boxes that fit the pack as small as possible using a bigger box, cutting and taping them. USPS parcel select is what I think it’s called and that was the cheapest I found.

I had to send my EXO back to them, from Minden NV to Boise for less than $20. I always weigh it and print the label at home through PayPal shipping.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just shipped a kifaru frame to oregon from michigan and it was 27$ for usps priority. A pack without the frame should fit in a 14$ flat rate box. Just sent a kifaru bag to california in one and there was a bunch of extra room.

Pn8hall

WKR
I have shipped a few different packs and they all were around $30 to ship. USPS for all of them. You have to be careful with box size because it can add oversize charges. The best way I have found is to wrap the pack with some thin foam like sheeting if you can find some and then shrink wrap all around it to make it as slim as possible. I then slip the pack into a contractor garbage bag and trim off any excess bag material. Then I wrap it up real good with packaging tape and its good to go. The contractor bags are incredibly durable.