Best way to get blood out of rain gear?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just finished up moose season for the year and I was lucky to help a friend get his bull then a few days later get another for myself. Because of the nature of the 2nd bull and the pack out I ended up completely soaked in blood, it was raining so I had my rain gear on.

The rain gear is a kuiu Yukon jacket which is almost brand new so I’m looking for the best way to get the majority of the blood out. I’m thinking just a cold cycle wash maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

sneaky

"DADDY"
wash it cold for sure, warm or hot will set those stains for sure. Been there done that lol

JoeDirt

WKR
Soak in cold water for 24 hours, change the water and soak again if needed then wash in cold water.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ll soak mine in a tub and scrub with a brush periodically, then cold cycle with nixwax tech wash.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for all the advice, I’ll report back as I go.

Not terribly worried, I got the jacket for hunting but I’d like to keep it semi nice if possible.

I just finished up moose season for the year and I was lucky to help a friend get his bull then a few days later get another for myself. Because of the nature of the 2nd bull and the pack out I ended up completely soaked in blood, it was raining so I had my rain gear on.

The rain gear is a kuiu Yukon jacket which is almost brand new so I’m looking for the best way to get the majority of the blood out. I’m thinking just a cold cycle wash maybe?

Any help is appreciated.
I just dealt with the exact same thing (blood on Yukon rain gear), and I just washed both items, once in Nikwax Tech Wash and once in Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In, using the method recommended on the bottles, and all is clean now.

Katoom27

FNG
Not gonna be easy. Maybe some baking soda and let it soak. Prob only be able to fade it out some.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I ended up just throwing it in the washing machine with no soap on cold. It’s all stained and shit now but whatever.

I once soaked the blood off my bibs and rain parka by tying them in a swift stream and leaving them overnight. That's the only time I ever washed my rain gear.

Catchfish

WKR
Did you try to just soak in cold water with dawn soap, that what I do with my first lite rain gear and it works every time.
I would actually like to see somebody wearing blood stained kuiu at a coffee shop most kuiu I see looks brand new and never been in the woods.

Did you try to just soak in cold water with dawn soap, that what I do with my first lite rain gear and it works every time.
I would actually like to see somebody wearing blood stained kuiu at a coffee shop most kuiu I see looks brand new and never been in the woods.
Dawn dish will strip absolutely all of the DWR off your hunting clothes. Bad advice for technical rain gear.

Atsko Sportwash has taken all blood stains out of my rain gear. Deer, elk, smelly cougar (4 legged type), etc. Rinse with cold water from the garden hose then normal wash cycle with sport wash. Like new.