Best vest- aerolite vest vs pnuma alpha vertix vs cheap fleece

I went to scheels to grab am aerolite vest and I stumbled into a whole new world of Pnuma. While I don't love the camo....

I put on the alpha vertix vest and I have to say I'm intrigued.

Here's what I'm looking for- I have a soft shell"ish" old simms hoodie that I had my mother in law remove the sleeves on. It's not the style prior to the simms rogue and it's moderately wind proof and has a hood.

I really want a vest that I can wear as an outer layer for deer, geese and possibly elk, and a mid layer in the late season for whitetails when stand hunting.

I really want to snap up the aerolite vest but after trying on the alpha vertix I'm so intrigued that now I can't stop thinking that it might be the way to go because it could act as a softshell ish type of vest in the early season and should act as a mid layer in the later in the year.

However. I keep thinking that an inexpensive fleece vest would be fine as a midlayer. I don't know if it will be as warm as either option, but it will for surely be quiet. I want the cool guy gear, but if that 200$ for the aerolite vest or 100 for the alpha vertix isn't going to really be "better" than I guess I'll try a cheap fleece

Anybody use a vest as a mid layer?