Best Value Mid-Layer Upper Piece/Jacket?

Just got a condor in, every bit as nice as my more expensive pieces. I’ll likely pick up another one since I find myself wearing it pretty much daily at this point. For $23 I could care less if it gets trashed and torn.

Jlop_2

Lil-Rokslider
Wore the condor grid fleece on 3 hunts this year so far; one being a multiple night backcountry hunt and it was great. Light, warm, and has held up. I plan on running it on 2 more hunts this season and hopefully some more next fall.

I might have to check out the Condor. I have an old polypro top I’ve worn since the 90’s that is getting a bit thin.

Zerk

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe stating the obvioud, but this can be a good time to check prices. Though your size may be gone. Few years back I wanted a cabelas hunting parka. Not going to pay their prices. I just kept refreshing the page. Day or two after Christmas it was marked way down.

I am cheap, but for me, it is also the problem of knowing is it really that good.

I've seen the same wooltimate blends at fleet farm, same country of origin and same ratio of materialas as thje cabelas. Look same. Maybe cebelas has few more stiches, maybe not.

I haven't bought anything from Cabelas since the sale of the company.

I'd consider the Peloton 240 more of an outer layer (ex: block the wind) than a mid or insulation layer.

May want to look at mid-layers on non-hunting sites such as MooseJaw.
I really like my stone glacier helio hoody but it’s a little spendy. My next layer is an old wool rich black and red plaid that’s been a great piece. I have tried the peloton and it’s been an ok piece it doesn’t pack down that well so it takes up a fair amount of space in my pack. Also doesn’t have pit zips or chest pockets. Not a big deal but it does block the wind pretty well. For what it is the peloton is a good piece.