Best Upgrades of 2022

OP
Carrot Farmer
Montana Knife Company Speedgoat in Magnacut. Used on my Pronghorn and Elk (not exclusively) and still sharp as heck. Probably the "pokiest" knife I have ever had.

Dawson Knives Magnacut Deepnotch. Thought I would end up keeping only one of these knives by the end of the year. They are both staying with me.

Pretty much the only new gear I picked up for this year. Have been looking at the Peax or Last Light Headlamp, but can't really complain about my Black Diamonds.

The red light on Peax is !
No longer am I stumbling along a dark trail… the 3 intensity settings are the bomb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Carrot Farmer
Do you use the gravity works to fill directly into your hydration bladder while its still in your bag? One of the things I liked about the gravity works when I was researching was the ability to plug directly into the bladder hose and fill it without having to dig it out of my bag or unclamp the top..

Sorry to the OP for hijacking!

All good! I run the same and can do both, just be carefully that your bladder isn’t being compressed and end up “false filling” your bladder

OP
Carrot Farmer
Montana Knife Company Speedgoat in Magnacut. Used on my Pronghorn and Elk (not exclusively) and still sharp as heck. Probably the "pokiest" knife I have ever had.

Dawson Knives Magnacut Deepnotch. Thought I would end up keeping only one of these knives by the end of the year. They are both staying with me.

Pretty much the only new gear I picked up for this year. Have been looking at the Peax or Last Light Headlamp, but can't really complain about my Black Diamonds.

I’d trade 6 Black diamonds for 1 Peax

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Went from Big agnes fly creek UL1 tent to the Tarptent Double rainbow Dw. I used the big agnes for 5 years and the front entry was what eventually made me switch. The tarp tent is half pound heavier but having two vestibules, side entries, and double the room inside if needing to ride out a storm have been huge upgrades. Ohh and it also sets up and breaks down easier than any tent I've owned before. After using the tarp tent I don't know how I used the big agnes for so long.