Best Underwear - Not the thermal kind

duckhuntr

FNG
As the title says. . . What kind of underwear are best for hiking that won't bunch up and give you a wedgie? I've tried briefs and boxer style they all wiggle around and end up in my crack or bunched up in my crotch. The only thing I haven't tried is compression style shorts, but never liked wearing those before, or does someone make a longer style?

Is it just me or do others have this problem? I just deal with it and readjust a million times, but wondering if there is some magic product out there I haven't found.

Last edited:

zpearo

Lil-Rokslider
Boxer briefs are the best for me. Boxers are loose and bunch up, but boxer briefs are snug enough to stay in place. You might need to try a few different brands to find one that doesn't ride up, depending on how big your thighs are.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
9" Under Armour boxer jocks. They keep your thighs from chafing and stay in place. I've got a few pairs that are over a decade old and still going strong. A little pricey but I just buy them whenever I find them on sale for near $10 each.

dlee56

WKR
Tommy John have the best design for daily wear by far. Been wearing smartwool this year for hunting and they have been nice for hiking if you get a size smaller than normal.

pugwylde

FNG
I just picked up some XOSkins Xounderwear that will get their first six day test next month. I've only done a couple of test hikes, just day trips, but they held their shape and didn't hike. Definitely longer than I usually wear. Not for those with a light wallet, though 😕