Best True (PVC) Waterproof rain gear

123efd2

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I only run true PVC impermeable rain gear since the breathable stuff always fails eventually. Currently, I run helly Hansen impertech bibs and jacket and it works pretty good.

Anyone have any other recommendations for PVC rain gear they like?

Specifically anything that meets the following needs not met by my hellys:
Light and packable (not possible with pvc, I know)
Full length side zips to be easy taking off putting on over boots.
Piss zip.

Thanks for the input!

yfarm

WKR
I use Grundens Weather Watch which is lighter but not light. Only complaint is their seam tape seems to fail and requires resealing.

264 MHC

FNG
I like the camo Grundens Neptune Jacket. It has more features than most PVC style jackets. Lots of Stretch, Full front zip with snapped storm fly, two zipped hand pockets, Brimmed hood, Hood draw strings that pull inside the coat to keep from snagging, and a velcro adjustment on the back of the hood that actually works pretty well for increasing peripheral vision. Couple inside dump pockets as well. The Cuffs are good as well and actually seal on your wrist with the stretchy PU material. Its not super light, but packs decent into its own hood. Really the only thing missing is pit zips. You can get a little ventilation by snapping the storm fly but leaving the zipper unzipped. They don't list the features on the website which makes it look a lot more basic but it's pretty full featured. It isn't very loud rubbing the material together but does have that rubbery noise moving around.

I've considered buying some Aquaguard Zippers and seeing if I could find someone to sew them in for pit zips, but I'm worried about durability and sealing.

Really about a perfect jacket for stationary sitting in a downpour. Sure is hot in the summer though.

Not sure of any pvc type bibs or pants with full zips. The neptunes do come in both pants and bibs I believe. Could maybe do what I was thinking with the pit zips and have someone add full zips to the pants as well. It has a fly already.

I can't think of anything that would be more packable in the PVC type jackets.