Best rechargeable headlamp

hikenhunt

WKR
Another + for the Fenix HM65R. I have a shoebox full of headlamps and this one is my go-to now.

Squid

FNG

PETZL, Swift RL​

50% off on Amazon.

Petzl AMAZON

Definitely a heavier option. Mainly use for waterfowl hunting. Did use for a 5 days last September chasing elk. Battery was at about half.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'm enjoying this one right now, which I bought for the lock and just happen to like the buttons and dimmer.

BLACK DIAMOND Equipment Cosmo 350-R Headlamp - Octane

BLACK DIAMOND Equipment Cosmo 350-R Headlamp

I picked 2 up because I kept having issues with these guys below getting pushed on in my pack. Otherwise these are awesome. I give them to all my guys (work) and keep a set charged by our laundry door.

1720030476081.png

dtrkyman

WKR
I can vouch for the 77 outdoor/sofrin light, it backs up my Zebra and always rides in my glove box.

Can’t recommend Zebra, despite being a good light their CS is non existent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UpTop

WKR
How long does a charge last?
If you want some really solid info go check out mindful hunters review on YouTube. The only kicker is he didn’t compare the exact same batteries when doing the test. I will say though I’ve taken both my sofirns out for me and my boy on camp outs and I’ve never killed a battery. Even upgrading to some of the best batteries you can buy to upgrade the ones that come in the Sofirn ( not needed imo) your still considerably cheaper than a Peax.

Big_wals

Lil-Rokslider
I have several sofirns, they have worked great. Have used one on medium setting for a 10 hour workday, still going strong by the end.

I have broke many cheap dual 18650 headlamps that have rear battery compartments and molded plastic lamp carriages.

I like the tubular aluminum single 18650 design of peax and many other cheaper knockoffs. Its a more durable design and ultra light weight, minimalist. Its not. big deal to pack one and a backup.

The peax is overpriced. I like having the red light option and it has good controls and settings memory. Maybe it's a sofirn knock off, I don't know?

I have a slonik lamp, same tubular 18650 design. No red light, similar click through controls. Has no setting memory, so have to cycle through every option each time. Its a good enough backup light for $25. The peax has superior controls, but its not 4x value.

Sofirn is pretty amazing for how cheap it is. Very comparable performance wise to the Fenix hm65. We have a couple and have had no issues.
The hm65 is great performance wise, except I have had one fail at a real bad time. I’ve also had Fenix flashlights fail me around the house/at work a few times. I don’t trust them for backpacking in anymore.
The best? The zebra light 18650. At least as bright as the Fenix, but with a noticeably wider and more even throw. Mine lasts longer on batteries than the other 2 (even though the others are still amazing there). And it’s lighter. I carry one spare battery, tiny charger/battery bank for it, and a small 5w solar panel when I pack in to charge it. I can keep phone, headlamp, headphones, radios….running indefinitely with that 8oz total setup

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a Zebralight user. H600Fc. I think I’m just used to the interface now and too stubborn to change. There are some good options listed on this thread though.

repins05

WKR
I own 3 fenix headlamps and 1 spotlight. I had a warranty claim on one head lamp last year. It took me 4 months to get my headlamp back with relentless effort. Won’t go into details but based on this experience I will never by a fenix again. It was ridiculous. Know that you end up communicating with someone from china depending on what distributor you purchased from in the us. Response time was sometimes weeks.

I did a search during my frustrations with the warranty claim. Found that many people had a similar experience with warranty claim and gave up trying to get their lights back after sending in.

I am no longer a fenix customer.