Best Rechargeable Headlamp

Honyock

WKR
Another vote for the Fenix HM50R. Gets me where I need to be and to do what I need to do. Very bright and good run time.

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
Do you find the red lighting bright enough to walk with at night (not super technical terrain)?
Red light is not very strong. Great for in camp, blind, etc but would not recommend for walking. I also believe that hiking with red light is highly over rated. Most times unless close, animals depth perception will not allow to realize distance to hiker. Closer distance they are going to see you anyway.

I jumped up the the Fenix HM61R this year and I find the 5 lumen white "eco" mode to be 10x more useful then the red while walking, yet it still keeps my night vision reasonably intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red light is not very strong. Great for in camp, blind, etc but would not recommend for walking. I also believe that hiking with red light is highly over rated. Most times unless close, animals depth perception will not allow to realize distance to hiker. Closer distance they are going to see you anyway.
I agree but a lot of times I am close (turkey/deer) and just personal preference, feel like it doesn’t kill my night vision as much. Thanks for the info!

Do you find the red lighting bright enough to walk with at night (not super technical terrain)?
Mine just arrived. Playing in the back yard last night I think I would feel comfortable walking a Trail with the red light but not technical terrain. The auxiliary lights are a cool feature. Tiny white leds. Will be good around camp and in the tent. Just enough illumination to see without blinding your campmates it seems. Not sure they are enough light for a serious task like skinning and gutting but maybe.

bat-cave

WKR
On the rechargeable front, I've been using the Biolite for two years nor and very impressed. My 330 is two years old and just added the 750, but it arrived after the season so no field review as of yet. The 330 is light enough that you forget you are wearing it and has done very well on battery life etc ... I ended up buying one of their multi-unit packages and given them to my family so they always have one in their vehicle etc ... https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products#lighting

ONDERS.CH

FNG
The NU 32 will throw 190 lumens for 17 hours. Bright enough when I am in timber and should be good for a multi day hunt. The max is 550 lumens which should run up to an hour but I don't expect to have much need for it.

A lot of lights are set up for max lumens and tactical work with few, if any lower settings, When I was looking at lights, I focused more on the lower end settings than the max output. They are more functional IMO. It has a 1 lumen white, two 9 lumen red, two 19 lumen and a 33 lumen setting coupled with long run times. That should be great for hiking, cooking and doing stuff around camp and in my tent IMO and why I bought it.
Appreciate all the insight

cynjon

FNG
I jumped up the the Fenix HM61R this year and I find the 5 lumen white "eco" mode to be 10x more useful then the red while walking, yet it still keeps my night vision reasonably intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just picked up a HM61R for an upcoming hunt as well. Great light, SUPER bright when needed, but the eco mode and red light mode should be very economical on battery life. Very comfortable and I like the magnetic charging cable. I picked up a spare Fenix 18650 battery as well. Highly recommended!

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Surefire Maximus I had the old 500 lumen version for about 5 years when the switch went bad. Sent it to Surefire they sent me the new 1000 lumen version no questions asked. The light is fully dimmable but does not have red. Surefire's simple to questions asked warrantee is the best hands down.

LostArra

WKR
Fenix fan here and I've liked the models mentioned. I'm currently using the HL40r. It has some nice features:
Battery level indicator
Lock out function so it doesn't come on in the pack
Focusing head when you don't need the flood of the HM60
Ultra low reading level.

wapitibob

WKR
buy one of these for $21
mine continues to work flawlessly

BluMtn

WKR
I have been using the Armytek Wizard that uses the 18570/ 3400mAh battery. I have had it for about 12 years and really like it. Batteries will last a long time. My grandson likes to play with it when he comes to visit. Well last time he was here he put it someplace and I have turned our residence upside down and don't know where he put it.

So I ordered a new Wizard with the warm light. I ordered the new style that takes the 21700/4850mAh battery. When I received it I made sure the battery was fully charged and as a test I turned the light on and when outside and set the light on a setting that allowed me to see a wide pattern in my yard. I then came in the house and hung the light in my gun room in the on position. Let it hang there for 8 hours and it was still has bright as when I hung it there.

bat-cave

WKR
I highly recommend Biolite - https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products#lighting

I have the 800 Pro as well as several of the 330's (which I leave in various places like my truck console). Even the 800 isn't very heavy, but the 330 is light enough that you forget that you have it on. Plenty bright for walking into dark tree stands or the Elk woods, good life on a charge and rapid recharging. I've tried a ton of others, but this is the only rechargeable headlamp I've really been happy with. When i bought my 330's they were running a deal to get several at once and outfitted the whole family at a very reasonable price. All are several years old and have been used heavily and continue to perform well.

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Peax Duo and its bright as hell on both white and red and can be dimmed. It's rechargeable. I've been very happy with it

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a Zebra and a generic Amazon that uses 18650. 77 outdoorD25lr. bought it for the red option, good luck finding anything better for the money.

Zebra is over rated and their customer service is pathetic at best! The first 2 years I owned mine they had it more than I did!

Another Fenix fan here. Got the HM65R-T two seasons ago and its been a great investment. It doesn't have a red light that I need during turkey season, and is more than I need for whitetail hunting but easily takes the cake on my backcountry hunts.