Best rangefinder brand for longevity????

Vortex razors have some pretty good glass in them. I’ve found that rangefinders usually last less than a decade even if taken care of. I dropped my vortex rangefinder while shooting in my driveway. The display then had some light pollution from the red light inside. I called vortex and they overnighted me a new one. Unless you are a serious marksman making extremely long shots I would recommend them.

Vortex razors have some pretty good glass in them. I’ve found that rangefinders usually last less than a decade even if taken care of. I dropped my vortex rangefinder while shooting in my driveway. The display then had some light pollution from the red light inside. I called vortex and they overnighted me a new one. Unless you are a serious marksman making extremely long shots I would recommend them.
I agree man, they work well. The glass on the razor is pretty good. The RF is accurate and reasonably fast. I have the first gen but I bet the one with applied ballistic software is competitive.

W.B.

FNG
this is why i ended up with a ranger 1800. i think ive changed the battery once over the last 4 years, still works well. electronics are gonna crap out eventually might as well get the one that you'll get a new one for when it does break. i just picked upsome fury hd 5000 rf binos too for the same exact reason i looked at the leica geivod rs but not the greatest feedback out there about leica cs.
I'm in between these two right now as well. Did you get a chance to compare glass head to head on Fury 5000 and Geovid R? I really want that Vortex warranty but if the glass is terrible what's the point in having them. But if they are close I'm def going Vortex.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sig has lifetime warranty on electro optics now, may apply to old models. Would be worth reaching out and asking about fixing your paper weight OP

I'm in between these two right now as well. Did you get a chance to compare glass head to head on Fury 5000 and Geovid R? I really want that Vortex warranty but if the glass is terrible what's the point in having them. But if they are close I'm def going Vortex.
No I haven't compaed them head to head with geovid (when I meant looked into them meant I just researched reviews) but they are serviceable glass for sure. No issues the one morning I spent behind them. If you are an az strip guide coming from behind swaros 12 hrs a day yea you might think they are a let down but me and my friends all think they are adequate

JGRaider

WKR
My Fury AB gets me up through legal shooting light easily. Not Leica Geovid optics, but the RF is superior as is the ballistics program. I greatly underestimated the Fury AB before I owned and used one the past two years.

Farwest

FNG
I love Leica and Leupold, but the best value/ warranty is the Vortex 4000 GB. You can get substantial discounts from MSRP. Often they are on forums NIB for excellent prices. I have one that I got NIB for $570. delivered. Vortex & Vortex dealers offer discounts around holidays.

W.B.

FNG
No I haven't compaed them head to head with geovid (when I meant looked into them meant I just researched reviews) but they are serviceable glass for sure. No issues the one morning I spent behind them. If you are an az strip guide coming from behind swaros 12 hrs a day yea you might think they are a let down but me and my friends all think they are adequate
Yeah man I’m no pro just a weekend warrior. Sounds like they’d work fine for me. I also like the idea of being able to toss them in my truck for casual use when not hunting without worrying about banging up something really nice that would be hard to replace.

I have had an old Leupold RXII TBR I bought in like 2009 and it has been awesome until about three weeks ago. I had it on my golf bag and my buddy drove off before I get the golf bag off and it fell onto some rocks and busted through the hard plastic and it has stopped working. Back when they made good products. Pretty bummed about it. I have no idea what to get now.

I cant say about any brand but Leica. I bought mine in 2004/5. Never bought another rangefinder and still using my Leica after 20 years. Plan to use it this year. It has got hard use. Hot , cold , rainy , dusty and bouncing around on an atv outside its case. I pull the battery at the end of season and replace with new battery at the beginning. Never failed to range even once. If it does ever stop working I will probably buy another Leica unless I go with a new Bino/ RF combo.