Best pistol rail light and why?

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Generally I prefer Surefire because they're products are very reliable and solid. Much more rugged than most other comparable lights from other, cheaper manufacturers. However, I started moving from Surefire X300 to Streamlight TLR 2 HL G because I prefer the controls on the Streamlight unit. Yes, the Streamlight doesn't appear to be as rugged as the Surefire unit, but, the switch control is much better, more ergonomic, and easier/quicker/smoother to activate than the Surefire X300.

I also like the green laser and the 800 lumen light on the Streamlight. Also, on the Surefire X300, to put it on or take it off of the rail, you have to unscrew the thumbscrew and hold on to the unit so you don't drop it because it will fall off as the screw is loose. Just the opposite on the Streamlight unit which uses a spring loaded screw. You put the unit on the rail and can let go because the thumbscrew has a spring that will hold it on until you can tighten the thumbscrew. You can do this with one hand and it won't fall off. You can't do that with the Surefire X300. Same to take it off. Unscrew the screw and push the screw in to release it's grip on the rail. That's ingenious and disappointing that Surefire didn't think of this.

As for the Olight, it's cheaper, a lot cheaper than Surefire and Streamlight and it's made in China, so, I don't necessarily trust it's reliability or ruggedness. However, it does have one thing going for it. The battery it uses is rechargeable and you simply put a magnetic charging disc on the bottom of the light unit (with it still attached to your pistol's rail) and can leave it attached on your night stand while you sleep. In the event of an unexpected emergency in the middle of the night, you pick up your pistol and when the slack in the charging wire is tightened, it will pulls the magnetic charging disc off of the bottom of the light. It's quick and you don't even need to think about pulling the disc off.
Great info. man and thank you for sharing.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Thank you all for the responses and recommendations. Its going to be a tough decision for sure, but I'm leaning towards the tlr-7 because of the compact flush-fit design.

Where is the best place to find compatible holsters? Standard big box, Amazon, or is there a better vendor?

11boo

WKR
Probably anywhere you can find one. That pistol is not terribly popular like a Glock. If you strike out try concealment solutions, they made me one for my CZ P01/TLR7. There were very few choices.