Best pistol rail light and why?

dmc

FNG
Probably depends a lot on your individual situation & purpose of the light/pistol. Modlite's PL350 is my choice (it replaced an X300 from surefire). But I don't mind a big light and carry a G17.

Pros/Cons
- Super bright
- rechargeable batteries only
- big
- really like the switch
- ~equal cost to a Ruger 9e

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Thank you for the recommendation. It looks like that would hang out quite a ways from the end of the muzzle. Can you share a picture of yours and the holster if you use one?

11boo

WKR
Just don’t be tempted by the cheap ones on Amazon. A friend was, and he bought 2 and gave me one. I admit the light was dazzling bright and clamped on fine. One trip to the range killed something inside it and it never dazzled again. Streamlight and surefire never have given me problems.

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
Just don’t be tempted by the cheap ones on Amazon. A friend was, and he bought 2 and gave me one. I admit the light was dazzling bright and clamped on fine. One trip to the range killed something inside it and it never dazzled again. Streamlight and surefire never have given me problems.
Great advice and thank you

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
On the TLR-1, how far does this extend beyond the muzzle on your full size pistols? The TLR-7 looks like its more of a "flush" fit. I'm shooting full size Ruger 9E with 4.1" barrel.

11boo

WKR
I’m trying the TLR7 now on a CZ compact. Nice, compact light. I see these things trending smaller as batteries get smaller.

My TLR1s are on full size guns, and yes, they are 3/4” past the muzzle.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
My G19 has a Surefire XC1 on it. I like the compact size and ease of use. This still carries as if there's no light on the gun.

I have surefire 300x and 300xu, xc1 and some stream lights. None have failed. I like the surefire stuff but I think streamlight is a better value. TLR-1 HL for under $150 is my vote. FWIW I haven’t bought a surefire product since I tried Streamlight.

Go with the TLR 7 on a 4" barrel gun. They come with little adapters to position it correctly on the rail. You should be able to get it pretty flush with the end of your barrel. It's a push button switch, not a toggle.

Ive carried an X300 on my duty weapon for years. Holster compatibility is great across the board. The switch is a bit stiffer, but also seems more durable. Plenty bright. Not so clunky looking compared to other lights.
C21B14EB-5CCF-49D4-9363-2A1F37594BA4.jpeg