Best picatinny rings?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Ok, I am sufficiently impressed and am ordering one of the Maven RS1.2 next time they are available. The plan for starters is to use it for all my Encore barrels. All have rails from the custom .45 smokeless to the factory .22-250

Theoretically if I buy top notch rings I should be able to move from barrel to barrel and dial in to any variance between them to quickly close to where I need to be and then verify.

These are 99% hunting tools so I’m trying to stay away from massive steel rings.

So far it looks like Nightforce X-treme UL, Area 419 Match, and M-Brace are well made and light for what they are.

Do these high dollar rings give you the added precision and repeatability you would expect over the old cheap stuff like Weaver or Leupold QRW type rings?

Any better options?

RWT

WKR
Warne MT's work well and are less expensive than the NF. I have both. Yes they are better built than the less expensive rings. I too have multiple Encore barrels and am set up similarly. Burris extreme are also a good option, just heavier.

OP
Steve O

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Appreciate the insight gents. Please keep the info coming.

ChrisAU

WKR
If weight isn't a factor, ARC. By far my preferred option. If weight conscious though, any of Hawkins offerings.

BBob

WKR
I've had good repeatability (remove/replace) with these and like anything APA they are well made.

I've had good repeatability (remove/replace) with these and like anything APA they are well made.

that is a very interesting design, addresses a lot of the common weaknesses.

OP
Steve O

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
SWFA Rings

IMG_1689.png

I more than likely will not be a cheapskate on this project but has anyone tried these. Seems most like their scopes.