Best out of box accurate 6.5prc?

Proof Reseaerch MTR. They have lighter and more traditional hunting-style guns as well, but they're awesome rifles.

Keep in mind though that there's a point of diminishing returns on accuracy and weight, and they start getting way more expensive far out of proportion to how light or how much more accurate you're getting with increased cost. So ask just how light and accurate you genuinely need, or can genuinely benefit from. As of this moment, I personally would be better off with a 1MOA Savage or Ruger American and 5 additional cases of ammo and a precision rifle class, than I'd be in picking up a Proof rifle for the same cost.

big44a4

WKR
Can you post a 10-round group? Thats awesome.

I haven’t shot paper since setting it up. As stated I’m not a rifle guy so it was damn impressive zeroing it at 200 yards to see that. Rifle and hornady ammo both off the shelf. My wife first time EVER shooting a rifle and she was 5/5 at 500 yards banging steel on the side of the mountain. My dad has been 18/20 at 1,000 yard range shooting steel and routinely is 16+/20. Lucky shooting and lucky gun? No idea it’s the only fierce I own and so far so good in 3 years I’ve owned it.

atmat

WKR
I haven’t shot paper since setting it up. As stated I’m not a rifle guy so it was damn impressive zeroing it at 200 yards to see that. Rifle and hornady ammo both off the shelf. My wife first time EVER shooting a rifle and she was 5/5 at 500 yards banging steel on the side of the mountain. My dad has been 18/20 at 1,000 yard range shooting steel and routinely is 16+/20. Lucky shooting and lucky gun? No idea it’s the only fierce I own and so far so good in 3 years I’ve owned it.
I have never seen a quarter MOA gun in my life, and I’ve seen a ton. That’s why several of us have asked about it.

Go shoot 10 rounds at paper at 100 yards. If your gun is even a full 1 MOA, that would be an great shooter.

big44a4

WKR
I have never seen a quarter MOA gun in my life, and I’ve seen a ton. That’s why several of us have asked about it.

Go shoot 10 rounds at paper at 100 yards. If your gun is even a full 1 MOA, that would be an great shooter.

Here’s the only picture I have with two in the same hole. This was good enough for me at 200 as it has proven itself at 1,000 yards many times since then. I only answered OP question. Note I did not pay full price for rifle. It was on sale. My last rifle wasn’t even a fierce, I won a custom 7PRC in a $100 raffle. Maybe I got lucky with both. You’ll have to try one for yourself if it keeps you up at night. I’ve seen some threads with bad news on fierce but I’d buy another one given my experience with this one.

e1e139c5593a6511b920ca0d82669152.jpg
f10a093a104f0b1afddf94795255405b.jpg

TaperPin

WKR
Now that is very telling 😂
I know right. Don’t ask me to buy a lotto ticket. In all fairness, the Remington 243’s have always been consistently ok, and a .22lr bolt action was really good, but that’s it. Today I ran across this picture from the mid 1990’s when I was a poor college student eating ramen noodles to afford the Shilen barrel on that gun. Lol

E6F8B598-4B46-4552-873C-D1E8254BBC95.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you’re hard pressed to find a more consistently accurate rifle out of the box than the Seekins Havak PH2 or Element. Other brands have shooters, no doubt, but with Seekins you’re almost guaranteed not to get a lemon. Their quality control and manufacturing is on par with custom builders.

My Element isn’t much different than my Gunwerks Clymr… other than price

Riplip

WKR
I have read a few stories but Seekins gladly gives them their money back. I found a part on the bench when testing my first Seekins. I sent in a picture and had a shipping label and a phone call in hours. It turned out to be the slot broke off of the Leupold backcountry ring I was using. They installed new Seekins rings, sighted in the rifle, test fired with several types of ammo, included some swag and sent it back within a week. No charge with a note thanking me for being a customer. Never hint of it was not our problem but… I definitely drank the Kool-Aid after that.

Such a great customer service model, and most likely why you rarely read anything negative about Seekins. Very rare in today's market. I guess it easier to do when you are putting out quality.

ElPollo

WKR
What is the most accurate out of box 6.5prc(or any caliber for that matter) hunting rifle you have ever fired? Bonus points for being ultra light rifle.
Keep in mind that most of your answers to this type of question will be from people relating their experience with 1 or maybe 2 guns of the brand/model that they tout and few of them will ever fully evaluate how accurate their guns actually are. And if you truly want the most accurate, ultra light and a magnum cartridge might not be the place to start.

Keep in mind that most of your answers to this type of question will be from people relating their experience with 1 or maybe 2 guns of the brand/model that they tout and few of them will ever fully evaluate how accurate their guns actually are. And if you truly want the most accurate, ultra light and a magnum cartridge might not be the place to start.
Wise words. That is exactly why I am shooting the PH2 tomorrow in 6 Creedmoor for my first NRL event and running just under 11 pounds. I almost wish my Element in 6.5 PRC was either a 6mm or a 6.5 Creedmoor. The PRC shoots great I just don't need the horsepower for what I am dong with it and its hard to stay in the glass with offhand or difficult positions. I have put lots of rounds down range with 2 early Firece rifles, several Tikkas and now Seekins. All of them were great shooters.