Best optic $12-1500 range?

cck

FNG
Finally trying to upgrade my Vortex Viper HS after having to send it in for my 3rd warranty. What would everybody recommend in the $12-1500 range for western hunting mostly Idaho and Alaska. Don’t need to take 1000yd shots at game. Looking for any opinions.

Seemingly everyone loves their Trijicon Tenmile scopes. If you're willing to use a first focal plane scope it seems the best deal right now is a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 (use code "TSRS" in checkout) at OpticsPlanet which brings the price down to $900. I can't quite figure out why they're selling it that low, seems like a strictly OpticsPlanet thing for some reason given the scope is still $1500 at other places. Anyway I'll link the scope's field test / drop eval below if you're wanting to do some reading on it.

Maverick1

WKR
Finally trying to upgrade my Vortex Viper HS after having to send it in for my 3rd warranty. What would everybody recommend in the $12-1500 range for western hunting mostly Idaho and Alaska. Don’t need to take 1000yd shots at game. Looking for any opinions.
What are you looking for, a rifle scope, spotting scope, binoculars? Assume it is a rifle scope, since you referenced 1000 yard shots.

Macintosh

WKR
Assuming you want to dial, but dont want a tree reticle that is hard(er) to see at low magnification, the new Maven 2.5-15 or the S&B klassik 3-12x 42 with the 4.8mil turret would be my choices. I dont care for the reticle options and its a 2fp scope, but the nightforce 2.5-10 x42 is another.