Best Non- Inflatable pad

CCooper

WKR
Say 5 day backpack trip mid September with my WM Terralight. Tired of rolling off my Xtherm and the noise.

Felix40

WKR
I’m switching to the Nemo switchback this year. I have no idea if it will meet my expectations but I’m tired of the issues and expense of inflatable pads.

I’ve been down this path before. Tried the Nemo Switchback too. It probably depends on the individual, but to me - it felt like I was sleeping on the ground. I’d wake up multiple times in the night after 2 hours or so and have to roll on my side. Then back to my back because I was aching. Your mileage may vary from me drastically. I’m sure I’m older and have some wear and tear on my body. I’d agree with *zap* on the earplugs if the noise of the pad is bad. That’s what I do. Soft, disposable ear plugs and I’m good to go. Good luck, the struggle is real and I understand!

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
"Best" depends on what is important to you. I like the comfort of an Exped inflatable pad these days but have spent a lot of time on a RidgeRest since before it became a "classic," which is what it is called now. I didn't know any better and slept great on it. There really is something to be said for its simplicity, durability, quiet and how fast you can deploy and stow it in camp and also for a place to sit during the day.

Thermarest ridgerest classic is pretty comfortable to me, although it is bulky rolled up. The z fold stores much better but not quite as comfy to me. I use both and choose one over the other depending on situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk