Best new cot for truck camping/wall tent?

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Ok Rokslide. I need one more cot for my family setup. I've been using xl cots from Cabela's and the like and they have been decent. What is your choice for a XL, D-luxe wall tent cot ?

Mark

Seth

WKR
The Teton XXL has been great. Bulky and heavy, but my wife and I both sleep great on them.

Can't go wrong with what you have. Just add another. Ive had that cot for years for base camp and have had no issues at all, other than it is "fun" to assemble...lol.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve spent a lot of nights on my XL cot from cabelas. Paired with a good pad/bag and I sleep really good.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Have you seen Disc-o-beds?
I’ve been thinking of getting their bunk bed when my sons are old enough to camp/elk hunt. Would save some space in a wall tent.

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been thinking of getting their bunk bed when my sons are old enough to camp/elk hunt. Would save some space in a wall tent.
I have them. I like them a lot. I bring them when we travel with the family. Way better than sleeping on air mattresses, couches, etc. I use them in my Kodiak as well. Save lots of space. With a sleeping pad and bag I sleep great. The bottom bunk can be a little tricky to get in/out of but you get the hang of it. And when you get settled it’s all good.

Can't go wrong with what you have. Just add another. Ive had that cot for years for base camp and have had no issues at all, other than it is "fun" to assemble...lol.
You must have one of the originals. The second generation which has been out for a decade has a red leverage arm. Makes getting that last corner much simpler.

OP the Cabelas XL outfitter cots are best option I’ve found.

You must have one of the originals. The second generation which has been out for a decade has a red leverage arm. Makes getting that last corner much simpler.

OP the Cabelas XL outfitter cots are best option I’ve found.
Must. I have had it a long time, at least ten years. It does make for a good workout. Would make a great blooper roll too....

I'm always cold on a cot, because of the air below me while sleeping... I would try one of the super low cots. But u know what you're up to, I guess

I'm always cold on a cot, because of the air below me while sleeping... I would try one of the super low cots. But u know what you're up to, I guess
Which pad are you using? I'm asking since I've not seen a discernible difference between my Helinox cot and my big Cabela's cot when using an XTherm or my Teton Outfitter pad. I have used both pads on both cots in similar temperature ranges.

*zap*

WKR
For me a cot = go big or forget it. I would rather have my basecamp 30" wide pad on the ground than a short 25" wide cot.

rem700300

FNG
Davis Tent cots. They don’t set up the quickest but they are built to last.The price of them is great and Davis Tent customers service is top notch

Coues123

FNG
I bought a Cabelas XL and a Davis Tent cot at the same time about 10 years ago. I have used them both equally at the truck and packed them both on mules. The Davis is holding up better and has zero holes. I like the Davis for the fact it stretches out tighter and I sleep better on it. I use an insulated Big Agnes pad on top of the Teton pad never have been cold.

Stalker69

WKR
We use these and they are great. Kinda heavy to carry around. But we'll made, and sleep good. Haven't had any one complain about a bad night's rest yet.