Best method for shipping a one piece recurve.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m going to sell a couple of one piece recurve bows but I’m not sure of the best way to go about quoting shipping and how to package the bows.

Any advice is appreciated.

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
Carpet roll tube if the hook isnt too aggressive. if it is, then usps has these triangular "tube" boxes that work great, connect two together after youve covered the limbs in pipe insulation. O_1098M-L0.jpg

Get a 4X12X 60 or so box. I shrink wrap the bow. Put some kind of bumper on tips. If enough room you could slip thick cardboard or even 1/4 floor underlayment type wood on each side.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
For expensive recurves I build a wooden box/frame out of 1x2 fir and screw on a Masonite bottom, then line it with foam, wrap with bubble wrap, pack with styrofoam peanuts or newspapers, then screw on the Masonite lid. Never had one that didn’t arrive in perfect condition.

For inexpensive recurves I wrap the bow in bubble wrap, make a box out of cardboard, use packing tape it hold it together, and ship. Never had an issue with mailing them wrapped like this either.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
When I built glass bows, places I shipped them to in the Masonite box include most of the lower 48 states, Canada, Alaska, Turkey, Guam, Australia, France, Switzerland, Japan, Great Britain, and Germany.