Best mechanical broad head for big game?

The Taiwan built Spitfires I bought around 5 years ago? after getting a bit low on US originals were:

-Difficult to open as they increased the "dimple-plate" blade retainer from .004" to .005" thick and has a larger dimple sticking up .003" higher . Really increased the force required to open the blades by about double in my measurements with a trigger pull gage. I typically remove the dimple plate and reduce the height a bit with my Dremel tool. Tried tapping it down but couldn't control the quality...maybe should hae built a jig of sorts to do it. Pain in the butt.

-The blades were not near as sharp...original Spitfires were super sharp out of the package. I touch them up on an electric knife sharpener.

I did not have issues with spinning the head. Runout was very minimal.

All this said, my off-shore Spitfires with issues were from a ways back, no comment on latest production. ...and I came by a supply of old original USA heads so am fixed up for quite a few years.

GreggB

FNG
The new Trypan 1.75
I think this broadhead will be a winner. Got rid of the NC which I think was a poor design, sharper blades, better penetration than the original Trypan which was a great penetrating head to begin with. Great idea to combine vertical and crossbow head in one package. Trypan 1.75.jpg

Zac

WKR
The new Trypan 1.75
I think this broadhead will be a winner. Got rid of the NC which I think was a poor design, sharper blades, better penetration than the original Trypan which was a great penetrating head to begin with. Great idea to combine vertical and crossbow head in one package. View attachment 753660
So do they have a shock collar? How are the blades staying closed? Also I noticed you get 3 heads!

GreggB

FNG
Yes, the keyed collar although I use dental band instead. Lower blade profile, less chance of bumping them open and faster deployment than with collars.