Best long range scope

freu1chr

FNG
i currently have a copper 300 win mag with a leupold vx 5 hd 3-15x56 cds. i love the scope but hate that i do not have a windage turret. just wondering what you guys prefer that has great turrets and a windage dial?

I usually don’t like an exposed windage turret on a dedicated hunting scope. I typically lean towards the zeiss v4s

OP
F

freu1chr

FNG
I am looking at a scope 800 yard max 300 win mag. All western and alpine hunting sheep elk deer antelope. Budget of around 1500 weight is not much of an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony

WKR
Read the scope evaluation tab, many well known names covered there.
Will help you on what to maybe avoid

Swfa 6x and 10x have a great big knob hanging off the side off them. Half this forum wishes It was not there...

i currently have a copper 300 win mag with a leupold vx 5 hd 3-15x56 cds. i love the scope but hate that i do not have a windage turret. just wondering what you guys prefer that has great turrets and a windage dial?
Whats your budget?

eric1115

WKR
Have you dialed for wind before? Do you have a wind plex or similar reticle in your VX5? For field use/non gaming stuff I'd guess that 90% or more who have practiced both holding and dialing prefer holding for wind (assuming a useful reticle, and especially if FFP).

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
Gosh I think you already have one of the best long-range hunting scopes out there. There are better Long-range scopes out there but not many in that 19-22 ounce range that make them so nice on a hunting rifle. The Zeiss V4 is nice but I slightly prefer my VX5. The only other I would personally consider is a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 if you want a FFP.

Look at reliability, warranty, as well glass for low light when game has a tendency to move.

I pretty much only run the Leupold mark 5. I think a FFP is a requirement and I typically require locking elevation turret and and a covered or locking windage turret with a matching mil/Moa reticle.

Leupold
Nightforce
USO
Zco
Zeis

There are numerous good choices. I personally would not pick a vx5 as I think it misses the mark on some of my requirements.

Bater

WKR
Gosh I think you already have one of the best long-range hunting scopes out there. There are better Long-range scopes out there but not many in that 19-22 ounce range that make them so nice on a hunting rifle. The Zeiss V4 is nice but I slightly prefer my VX5. The only other I would personally consider is a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 if you want a FFP.
NXS 2.5-10 is not a FFP fyi