Best left hand 300 magnum.

Encore4me

FNG
Looking to get a nice left hand 300 mag, what are your suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
I'd go with a Wby Mark V 340 Accumark. I have one & a Win M70 300wsm for tac. & my dad has a 300Wby. The Weatherby is a top of the line guy that everyone should have atlest one gun)

davsco

WKR
you looking for a caliber and/or a brand/model rifle?

tikka t3x in 300wm or wsm would work well. i got a notice from grabagun today for a lefty in 300wsm.

OP
E

Encore4me

FNG
you looking for a caliber and/or a brand/model rifle?

tikka t3x in 300wm or wsm would work well. i got a notice from grabagun today for a lefty in 300wsm.

I am looking at 300 Win Mag or 300 Wea. Mag. Really not interested in a Savage or some of the cheaper guns.

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
What is your budget? Are you looking for synthetic, wood? Stainless/blue?

I know this may sound simplistic, however, what rifles do you like with respect to form, function and features and cross check if those are available in left-handers.

OP
E

Encore4me

FNG
I know this may sound simplistic, however, what rifles do you like with respect to form, function and features and cross check if those are available in left-handers.

The Weatherby Accu Mark and Backcountry 2. are what I have found so far but I don’t know how crazy I am about the Weatherby calibers. I really like the Browning Hells Canyon but they don’t make a left hand.

PorterNY

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s a browning for sale now.. not sure if you like this?

Attachments

• FFBD6810-2C17-41A9-AAA7-A82D141A34CA.png
    FFBD6810-2C17-41A9-AAA7-A82D141A34CA.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 17

gbflyer

WKR
I wish Tikka would grow their mag length just a bit but they are hard to beat anyway. You can probably put together your own on something like a Bighorn and get close on your budget.

gerry35

WKR
Weatherby has some nice options the Weathermark LT comes in 300 Wby and should come in around your price range. Their new Apex comes in 300 Win and 300 Wby sure is nice if you can swing the extra cash. Tikka makes a nice gun but I would go with a 300 WSM over the 300 WM so you can have more options to load bullets further out by going with the 6.5 PRC and swapping out or modifying the bolt stop if needed.

davsco

WKR
if you want something a little 'nicer' than a stock tikka, you can buy a rifle (or just the action) and remove the barrel and/or stock and replace with a proof carbon barrel and/or mesa altitude stock. then the $8 trigger spring change. gets you a real nice 'custom' rifle, but doing stock and barrel will put you in the $2500 ballpark. that said a base tikka will get it all done.

Geeezuz....suggestions are all over the place. Yea....pro tip....skip the Weatherby 340 Accumark. You'll never find ammo and when you do it's $130 for 20 cartouches.

A plastic Tikka would be a good gun, but it's gonna knock out your fillings in a 300 anything, cept the WSM- which I think are super hard to find in LH.

Christensen Arms Mesa or Ridgeline are great options...roughly $1500 and $2300 respectively. Several are actually in stock on EuroOptics right now

Bergara makes an HMR in 300 WM but it's a heavy biotch. Clunky.

For in hand in the next 12 days, I would opt for a Christensen Mesa in whatever flavor and add the spare $500 into a decent optic. Could hunt the whole world with that rifle.

philcox

WKR
Tikka 300WM is not a bad choice, throw on a Ross Muzzlebreak, and no more recoil than my 6.5 (at least that has been my experience). Biggest (only?) downside is Tikka short mag, if you want to hand load the high BC projectiles, you are going to have a hard time.

Spoonbill

WKR
Ruger makes a stainless wood stocked 300 win mag that comes threaded with a muzzle brake. I havent seen one for sale in a while but its listed as a current production. There is also a 7 mag in the classifieds that you could rebarrel to 300 and replace the stock etc and still be under your 2k budget.

252to208

FNG
I personally shoot a 300wby but I love the 300win, I'm a lefty so when I bought my rifle I found a steal on a weatherby mark v accumark I couldn't pass on. My buddy bought a browning max long range 300win and that rifle has shot absolutely lights out and I think he paid $1100 for it and I haven't shot many 300wins that didn't shoot really well.

TaperPin

WKR
This post must be ranked in the top ten for Weatherby recommendations! I thought for a second I was on a different forum. *chuckle*

Our local Scheels gets a number of used Weatherby rifles with low miles - it seemed a stainless fluted left hand sold last fall for $1100. That’s a lot of gun for the money.