Best internal frame daypack

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a nice compact daypack but I’d like the feeling of a frame so the bag just don’t slouch down with 5 lbs in it. The bag will not need a meat shelf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the mystery ranch packs with the future yoke system. I have a Scree and a Scapregoat, which appealed to me due to the removable belt.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
When you say compact I immediately think of my Kuiu Divide 1500.

Honyock

WKR
I've used the Kuiu Venture 2300 for the last three seasons and have been very pleased with it. Just the right size for my needs. Big enough for your cold weather puffy, layers and whatever else you need. Plenty of pockets for organizing.

I’ve had or used just about everything on the market for the last 10-15 years and the SG Avail is my absolute favorite.

SG Kiowa and Mystery Ranch Scapegoat 25 are tied for 2nd place.

Alaska92

FNG
The SG Avail is great for your described needs. I really like it myself. I also remove the belt and shoulder straps at times and attach it to the X-Curve for a SG version of a Kifaru Stryker.

Marble

WKR
A lot of guys don't care for them, but I have really liked the Badlands 2200. Several guys I've hunted with have them, including myself. I use something else now though. It doesn't do everything you described, but works well with moderate weights and has enough space and exterior spots to do day hunting well.

My dad's been using the same one for around 10 years. He loves it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
There are many great choices. I've used a Kuiu 1850 with carbon frame for years. It's been great and have felt no need to change. It's nice to be able to take a load of meat out.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Avail is a good choice; if you need a little more room—their new Tokeen os worth looking at. Both have internal (and removable) frames, both have padded hip belts-also removable.

The Tokeen is using the newer Ultra fabric which for all practical purposes makes the pack waterproof; lighter than Cordura, but a touch louder if that's a concern.