Best hydration products???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What’s out there for a hydration supplement that isn’t just junk sugar? Something I could drink throughout the day and for workouts.

I drink plenty of water but I’m looking to get my electrolytes and optimize the hydration.

What’s the best thing out there?

I started using Tailwind Endurance Fuel powder this year during training and on my archery elk hunt. I have no basis to claim that it's the "best" option out there, but I think it helped me stay hydrated, especially during outdoor workouts in the middle of summer.

Blackbird

FNG
Another vote for liquid iv. Heads up on the drip drop that product is designed to pull you back once you've completely overworked yourself,but from my understanding loses effectiveness of used all the time. However it works wonders for hangovers.

zacattack

WKR
What’s out there for a hydration supplement that isn’t just junk sugar? Something I could drink throughout the day and for workouts.

I drink plenty of water but I’m looking to get my electrolytes and optimize the hydration.

What’s the best thing out there?
Salt. Seriously though that’s all electrolytes are, just put a little in your drinking water during or after workouts.

I love Liquid IV. Got a bottle of the NUUN tablets recently as well and have liked them a lot so far. They are probably the more convenient option.

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the NUUN quite a bit too and like them. They aren't super sweet which I tend to like sometimes. If I want some more flavor intense drink I'll add more water and a simple flavor packet.
I've noticed some big differences during and post workout drinking the NUUN water. Interested in trying liquid IV but wished it had less sugar.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
lots of water + electrolyte tablet (several good ones out there) every 4-5 hours, more often if extremely hot or exertion is extremely high

mountain ultra running has convinced me that hydration is something you have to keep after all day, if you get behind, it's really tough to get caught up- ditto on calories, my mantra is to snack and drink water regularly

JCY

FNG
To prevent muscle cramps I use Dr Bergs electrolyte powder with a pinch of added sea salt. I also supplement with magnesium. Good bye hammy cramps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drip-drop is my favorite, followed by Nuun. Both of them got me through some brutally hot months in the desert