Best Eating Upland Bird Poll

Which one do you like best?

• Total voters

mdp22

FNG
Growing up in South Dakota my Dad would always say, "Try to get a grouse if you can, they're better than pheasant." I concur, my vote was for Sharptail Grouse. Still need to harvest a Blue Grouse to compare.

This is a great recipe for birds. We’ve done it with grouse, pheasant and chukar.

Schnitzel is always fan favorite at our house. You can also take the schnitzel pieces and make buffalo sandwiches.

We use chukar for stir fry and a variety of other recipes. The legs are great in a slow cooker for curries.

Attachments

• Curry for Chukar.pdf
    368.8 KB · Views: 4

Legend

WKR
What is a forest grouse?

You really can't group spruce, ruffed, and blues together. Spruce grouse misrepresent the group and are properly named.

OP
Irish Miner

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
What is a forest grouse?

You really can't group spruce, ruffed, and blues together. Spruce grouse misrepresent the group and are properly named.
Point taken. I could have been more clear. It’s obvious I should have included a quail and other option too!

When the first cold of the year hits, and then you guys go start talking about food and posting recipes...all I want to do is cook and eat and get fat.

When the first cold of the year hits, and then you guys go start talking about food and posting recipes...all I want to do is cook and eat and get fat.
and quail hunt :)

The winner for me
Sza8qeP.jpg