Best d-loop material

young7.3

WKR
Interested as well because the last two things I've tried it either stretches or doesn't hold up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Seems like most of it is made to wear out fast so you have to buy more. I have some I got from a bow shop that is stiffer than the others I've tried. I need to find out what it is. I have enough for about three more loops and then I'm out. Stuff lasts forever (well almost).

Gumbo

WKR
D Braid is what I prefer, but it does wear out pretty fast with a couple of my releases. BCY #23 is the same (or damn near the same) diameter and is covered in Spectra, and it wears like iron. But it doesn't bite down quite as well as D braid and it is harder to burn a nice bump with.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
How many of you just run a d-loop and how many tie on nock sets? Obviously, if your D-loop is wearing a lot and you are replacing it, having nock sets makes not having to re-tune much easier.

I switched to BCY #24 here recently, Cabelas sells it for $7.99/3 ft. I shoot a caliper release and I read a bunch of reviews on the #23 that said it was too small of a diameter for calipers. I also tied in knock sets with 65 lb Power Pro. I did my research and found that 65 lb braid is virtually the same diameter as the BCY nock point/peep thread.

Gumbo

WKR
I run nock sets tied with BCY 3D as per Dudley instructions. It makes changing D loops a lot easier.

I switched to BCY #24 here recently...

I used to use #24, which seems to be the standard shop material, but it doesn't seat as tightly as D braid (or #23), probably because it is thicker. I had issues with it turning a little on the serving, especially if you have to offset it a touch to compensate for an uncooperative peep.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought some BCY 23....gonna give it a try. I use a Hogg wiseguy release.

Last year I moved away from the city and don't really have a bow shop close. So I purchased a bowmaster, some BCY 3d serving, and some different sized peeps. Going to have to learn how to do the simple stuff on my bow myself!

Will be tying in at least a bottom nock set.

Brendan

WKR
How many of you just run a d-loop and how many tie on nock sets? Obviously, if your D-loop is wearing a lot and you are replacing it, having nock sets makes not having to re-tune much easier.

Top and Bottom nock sets every single time.

Regarding D-Braid - bites well, and I haven't had an issue with it wearing out, as long as no burrs on my release. To be honest, only time the D-loop gets replaced is if I'm changing something like nock size, strings, etc.

OR Archer

WKR
Depends on what style of release is being used. For index style releases I use the Gibbs Archery material. For any handheld I use a softer material such as Pine Ridge or BCY.