Best Concert/Show Experience?

lil Wayne w/ 2 chainz in okc is my favorite
Kesha in Tulsa is a close number 2
Ryan Bingham in fort smith, AR
George straight in vegas
Celine dion in Tulsa

seen countless Red Dirt concerts over the years. (josh Abbott, Donahew, Randy Rogers, wade bowen, whiskey Meyers, Eli young, cross Canadian, Jason boland)

Got to see Tool with my dad (his favorite) just before he died, that was pretty special.

saw the eagles play for 4+ hours

zac brown puts on a hell of a show, so does Garth

disturbed and kottonmouth Kings was an incredible show.

been trying to see Jinks, Childers, Post Malone, Luke combs, Florida Georgia line, Morgan wallen.

1974 World Series of Rock Cleveland Stadium, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Santana, The Band...must have been a great concert, I don't remember much.
1975 World Series of Rock Cleveland Stadium, Stones, J Geils Band...don't remember much of that one either.
Lot of other concerts also...can't remember Who, but I had fun!

Aww the 40 Watt Club........been there too many times. I can't even remember the names of some of the other places I hung out in down there. But that was back in the 80's, so REM and the B-52's used to pop in unannounced and play a set.

I've been to three George Thorogood concerts that were all great, Quiet Riot, Van Halen (the real Van Halen), and of course Rush. Those were all good.

One year during Spring Break in South Padre my two buddies and I just wanted a quiet breakfast somewhere so we went further up the island to one of the hotels for brunch. We were the only people in there except for a bunch of other guys that were already sitting at a table. My buddy looks over and says "hey, that's Rik Emmett" (lead singer of Triumph). So we go over and start up a conversation and they ask us to join them. Later that day they are performing a concert at the beach, and mentioned having breakfast with some guys from Colorado and yelled out for us to come on stage. So we went up and sang with them. That was some concert......at least from our perspective....LOL. All the idiots on the beach seemed to love it.

I’ll add Alice In Chains when they opened for Van Halen at the Capitol Centre in Largo Maryland 10/17/1991. That was a great show because people got to see in the opening act the type of music that would soon eclipse the main act.

Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo tour was incredible
Amorphis- Under the Red Cloud tour
Jinjer- Seen them twice and it's been amazing each time
Danzig on the Satan's Child tour was great too, before his voice went entirely to shit

Jimi Hendrix in 69 @ Baltimore, Maryland Civic Center - 12th row - orchestra pit
Terry Reid, Moody Blues and Cream in 69 - at a Baltimore live concert
Janis Joplin - The Big Brother And The Holding Company - Once...and in another band
Grand Funk Railroad - Twice
Led Zeppelin and The Who (with them performing there destruction act) at Merriweather Post Pavilion - 69 or 70
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
Steppenwolf - Twice
Dr. John and the Night Tripper with the Doors minus Jim Morrison
Alice Cooper
Nils Lofgren with Grin
Chicago
Jose Feliciano
Canned Heat - Twice
Black Sabbath in 1970
Johnny Winter
Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer
The Allman Brothers Band
Ike and Tina Turner
10 Years After
Adam and the Ants
Gratefull Dead - Twice
Wendy Orleans Williams and the Plasmatics - Once - and twice in another band
The Kinks
Heart
Santana
Savoy Brown
Mountain
Iron Butterfly
James Cotton Blues Band
Stevie Ray Vaughan

(With the result of me winding up with tinnitus for the next 40 or so years) - I'm 69 years old

Last edited:
Tool for overall experience, Primus is up there for a solid good time. I'm jealous of the people who were able to see Pink Floyd. I saw Roger Waters a few years back and that was incredible minus the politics.

Jimi Hendrix in 69 @ Baltimore, Maryland Civic Center - 12th row - orchestra pit
Terry Reid, Moody Blues and Cream in 69 - at a Baltimore live concert
Janis Joplin - The Big Brother And The Holding Company - Once...and in another band
Grand Funk Railroad - Twice
Led Zeppelin and The Who (with them performing there destruction act) at Merriweather Post Pavilion - 69 or 70
John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers
Steppenwolf - Twice
Dr. John and the Night Tripper with the Doors minus Jim Morrison
Alice Cooper
Nils Lofgren with Grin
Chicago
Jose Feliciano
Canned Heat - Twice
Black Sabbath in 1970
Johnny Winter
Edgar Winter with Rick Derringer
The Allman Brothers Band
Ike and Tina Turner
10 Years After
Adam and the Ants
Gratefull Dead - Twice
Wendy Orleans Williams and the Plasmatics - Once - and twice in another band
The Kinks
Heart
Santana
Savoy Brown
Mountain
Iron Butterfly
James Cotton Blues Band
Stevie Ray Vaughan

(With the result of me winding up with tinnitus for the next 40 or so years) - I'm 69 years old
That's a Hall of Fame list!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

In the spirit of Favorite Bourbons and Worst Beers what are your favorite concert experiences?

I've been a bit spoiled (depending on your music tastes) as I went to Vet School in Athens, GA. So here goes....

- Saw Drive-By Truckers numerous times while in Athens (2010-2014). They've gotten to be Uber-Lib as they've gotten older but all of the shows I saw at the 40 Watt were excellent. The best one was when I saw Alabama Shakes open for them in 2011 or 12 at the 40 Watt (very intimate venue, around 200-400 people). Awesome
- 10 months later, I saw Alabama Shakes on their own at the Georgia Theatre. Blew my socks off. Won their first Grammy a month later
- As the only Univ. of Alabama fan in my class during school, my roommates and I hosted an SEC Championship Party at our place in 2012. Had 40+ people there to watch the game. Alabama Vs UGA. Alabama won by a hair. My hunting buddy Abbett said, "hey let's go see Jason Isbell at the 40 Watt tonight". There were less than 100 people there. His now wife, Amanda Shires played the fiddle. One of my favorite show experiences ever!!!
- Saw Warren Haynes melt face at the Georgia Theatre with another buddy the night before a big exam. He twisted my arm. Face melted, made a 75 on a Cardio exam. Win-win.
-Trampled by Turtles for a sold out show at the Georgia Theatre: face melted by the fasted Bluegrass I've ever seen. Rowdy night.
-Recently saw Sturgill Simpson (huge fanboy here) and Tyler Childers (wet while typing) play in Charlotte. WOW, Tyler's got a long career ahead of him (I think). Sturgill was great, just in his own world. Early March.
- Saw Jason Isbell on his Southeastern Album tour in Athens with hunting buddy Abbett and his dad. Just great all around.
-Jason Isbell here again at the Township in Columbia. Great show, but the highlight was his final song. Cover of the RollingStones "Sway". One of my favorite songs ever and he didn't disappoint.

There are some others. I know I have a trend. My wife, myself and her family were supposed to see The RollingStones in Charlotte in July but COVID cancelled that. Keith Richards would have been fine I'm sure.

So what have y'all got??? If any of y'all were where I was at any of those times, let me know!

Saw Tyler at Red Rocks this past year. An incredible performance. Guy puts on one hell of a show.

The best concert that comes to my mind was Sublime, 311, Phunk Junkeez, and others at a summer festival in Denver in the mid 90's. Can't remember the venue but the experience was definitely memorable. Jimmy Buffett and Willie Nelson put on some really good shows too. Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden at Red Rocks around 93 or 94 were cool too.

Pan-freakin-tera! Twice in a week in Kalamazoo, MI. Once in the State Theater with 4 other bands and again opening for Skid Row at Wings Stadium. My late brother got booted for stage-diving during the Skid Row set. Other than those shows, The Cult, Metallica, Molly Hatchet, Queensryche, Quiet Riot and most of the hair bands of those days were good just for the chick factor alone, lol. I was more into the heavy stuff, Sepultura kicked ass live as did a few other lesser known bands. Great memories, from what I can piece together...

Saw Robin Trower open for the Gregg Allman band in Phoenix. It was on a rotating circular stage. For half the concert I had great seats!

Tool - Lateralus tour 2001
Roger waters playing darkside was pretty special
More recently
Bon Iver @ the sydney opera house
Nils Frahm

For 2 plus hours of absolute musical precision and a wall of music coming at you and visual effects, art and light combined, ....its TOOL. I've seen them about 10 times and can't wait to see them again.
TOOL TOOL TOOL

Dwight Yoakam three times. All at smaller bar type venues. No nonsense just stands up there and sings his ass off.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Back