Best Concert/Show Experience?

Used to live in Athens too! My dad actually taught beef production and repro at the vet school. Saw Gov’t Mule a few times there and always loved DBT (especially when Isbell was with them). Saw Kenny Chesney at the 40watt twice. One of the best was Eric Church at the 40watt long before his fame. He had recently broken his leg and there might have been 100 folks there. He did the whole show propped up on a stool and killed it haha.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
U2 twice and Dave Mathews at the Gorge unreal performances. All the rock and country stuff was fun. But not as cool. George Strait was great but just that, Strait Country. Garth Brooks last summer in Autzen Stadium was impressive but not nearly as cool as U2 and DMB.

daewer

FNG
Chris Ledoux has to be my favorite, been lucky enough to see his son Ned a couple of times in a small bar just outside of Omaha, and he is a lot like his dad, just an incredible performer and down to earth guy. Kip Moore also put on a heck of a concert a county fair before he was as well known as he is now.

Voyageur

WKR
Eagles on their History of the Eagles Tour
Trampled by Turtles in Omaha NE at a place called the Waiting Room....awesome show in an awesome venue
These next two go WAY back:
Outdoor music festival at Great Bear Ski Slope 1979 or 1980...listened to the Ozark Mountain Daredevils and Pure Prairie League
Marshall Tucker Band in Houston TX
There are other great shows, but I'll stop there....as I think about it any live show is a great show.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Grateful Dead... used to split my time following the Dead and going on hunting trips all over the west. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the Grateful Dead in person (33 years old), but they're by far my favorite band. I've seen Dead and Company several times, Phil Lesh, and a lot of covers.

I was supposed to see Jason Isbell soon, COVID cancelled that show.

Insane clown posse 30 or so times back in high school. Yeah it's weird but awesome when I was younger. Ted Nugent was great.
Front row at Lynrd Skynyrd was amazing but super short. The greatest may have been Alice Cooper. For am old dude, he still puts on 1 hell of a show. I also had a great time at a Luke Bryan concert, got tackled off a cliff and broke my hip. I still went hunting a month later. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Another great concert I got to see with my wife was we end up with center front row at chris Ledoux show at our country fair.

MattB

WKR
Three pages and no one has mentioned Tool?! It is an experience that will live on with you.

Just coming on to say this. I am not a huge Tool fan, but say them earlier this year and they were awesome.

HM: Bare Naked Ladies and Buffett

Dave Mathews Band in StL in 2004. Or 2005. Or 2003. I don't remember 😏

Also Breaking Benjamin at Mississippi Nights in StL in the same time period. While they're not someone I listen to anymore, that show in that venue was incredible.

Rolling Stones in in Chicago 2013

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
AC/DC black ice tour When I was 14. It was an awesome show, pretty incredible how long those guys were going 110% for how old they were. I also thought it was pretty funny to see all the middle aged dudes in the crowd smoking weed with their buddies probably re living their college days haha.

Garth Brooks also, I’m pretty sure the only break he took was for 3-4minutes before coming back out for an encore.

Kanye West, yeezus tour. Really interesting set that was pretty different from anything else I’ve seen.

Kenny Chesney. Was ok I guess, but I don’t really remember I tried to out drink my uncle and well I’m sure you can only assume how that ended up.

U2 and black eyed peas in 2009

bertha

FNG
The Stones from the pit at the Chicago show of the 50 and counting tour hands down the best concert experience for me, and I've been to a lot of shows.
great
o.png

1st concert was Rush in 1984 at the Cow Palace. Smokey as hell.
John Couger for the Scarecrow tour in Oakland. Great show.
Hard to believe I didn't see any Genesis or Phil Collins. Took my boy to his Not Dead yet Tour and had a blast.

Jmort1754

WKR
1st Aerosmith and fuel

Garth is great
The scenery at any pop country concert is out of this world.
Eric Church is good live
Sugerland was superb.
Lynyrd Skynyrd, CDB, Marshall Tucker and Luke Combs was an awesome show.
Hootie with bare naked ladies at blossom was fantastic.
Muscadine Bloodline is good

Favorite by far has to be Aaron Lewis.

Jason Boland put on a hell of a show that took some of my hearing at Knuckeleads in KCMO 2011ish. I remember looking over and there was a cowboy up on the railing that separates the stage area from the seated part, just kinda dancing skipping back and forth, and for some reason it didn't really strike me as odd at the time. Their fiddle player was whacked out of his mind. My ears rang for 3 days. I've seen Boland again maybe three or four more times and it's clear to me that night was magical.

Lots of great shows here! envious of the old timers' lists. I grew up in metal in the 90's saw Metallica, lots of Pantera shows!!!, iron maiden, sepultura, megadeth, white zombie... Saw the classics: Scorpions, Rush, Bob Dylan, lots of reggae legends: Gregory Issacs, Yellowman, Buju B, Capleton, Culture, Burning Spear, Barrington Levy, Black Uhuru.... Last 20 years more country roots/bluegrass acts: George Jones, Ralph Stanley, Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Tony Rice, Vassar Clements, Larry Keel is my favorite, check him out.

bigmoose

WKR
I go back a ways...
Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holding company...great time
Iron Butterfly... 0n stage jumping in and out of flames
Canned Heat
Buffalo Springfield
Stepenwolf
Santana
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Led Zeplin at Filmore West
Greatful Dead
Chambers Brothers

several others....
Lately I saw Garth Brooks in Sacramento a few years ago.