Best can for a ,223?

The TI HUB mount CAT WB i have weighs 6.6oz with the mount after shooting about 1000 rounds of supers through it... highly doubt there's a better can for 223 in that weight class and size on the market
That seems like the 556 can to have. Wish I’d have know when I got a polonium k this winter.

Last edited:

Bluefish

WKR
I went with the AB 30 cal A-10 for a 223 can. Still in jail, but I expect it soon as my dealer closed a month ago. It’s a 7 stack vs the 556 can which is a 5 stack. I expect a bit quieter than the 556 as it has more volume even though it’s bigger bore. Only $30 more than the 556 version.

FZMT

FNG
Its mind blowing that such a small suppressor can make an AR pistol comfortable to shoot supers in most environments without ear pro. They knocked that one out of the park
Have you had the opportunity to compare the WB to something like the Polonium or Wolf Hunter on a tuned AR (with a BRT tube for example)?

Looking at the Pew Science data it seems like a tuned upper greatly enhances the suppression performance of traditionally designed cans.

Have you had the opportunity to compare the WB to something like the Polonium or Wolf Hunter on a tuned AR (with a BRT tube for example)?

Looking at the Pew Science data it seems like a tuned upper greatly enhances the suppression performance of traditionally designed cans.
I dont have a polonium or that BRT tube but I've shot it against a dead air nomad, mercy Minerva, huxwrx flow 556k, AB raptor 8 and the cobalt kenetics scrambler on 3 of my friends rifles with adjustable gas blocks tuned to their dead air nomad. WB sounds on parr with the huxwrx in a smaller/much lighter package and is quieter than all the others. On my untuned AR's it still gave just about zero gas to the face as well. WB is just very impressive for its size and weight

FZMT

FNG
I dont have a polonium or that BRT tube but I've shot it against a dead air nomad, mercy Minerva, huxwrx flow 556k, AB raptor 8 and the cobalt kenetics scrambler on 3 of my friends rifles with adjustable gas blocks tuned to their dead air nomad. WB sounds on parr with the huxwrx in a smaller/much lighter package and is quieter than all the others. On my untuned AR's it still gave just about zero gas to the face as well. WB is just very impressive for its size and weight
Interesting, I haven’t used a flow through can but most of my research seems to indicate that they’re as loud or louder than traditional cans on a tuned host.

It’s a shame it’s so difficult to try different suppressor/host configurations before buying.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You're talking about it on a AR platform. How do you think it stacks on a bolt action vs the others, if you're tried it.

I get the impression some 556 cans are more optimized for AR vs bolt stuff and most of the focus goes towards the AR in discussions. But maybe I am completely off base.

You're talking about it on a AR platform. How do you think it stacks on a bolt action vs the others, if you're tried it.

I get the impression some 556 cans are more optimized for AR vs bolt stuff and most of the focus goes towards the AR in discussions. But maybe I am completely off base.
Yes I'm talking about AR pistols/SBR's which is what its optimized for. I've only shot it on my tikka 22cm so i cant speak to a bolt 223 yet, I will get one eventually. You are correct, there is a much bigger market for the gas guns so im assuming thats why there arent many bolt gun specific 223 cans.

It does very well on my 22cm, just barely louder and recoil is similar compared to the wolf hunter, even tho its much smaller and about 2.5oz lighter.

Interesting, I haven’t used a flow through can but most of my research seems to indicate that they’re as loud or louder than traditional cans on a tuned host.

It’s a shame it’s so difficult to try different suppressor/host configurations before buying.
The flow through cans are nice because it seems to me at least, you dont have to fart around with all the tuning. They dont put gas my face even without an adjustable gas block, the white bread just does that part better than the other 2 flow through styles Ive shot and it is surprisingly quiet for its size

And yes thats true, even for me as a dealer I usually have to purchase one to try it since I dont know a bunch of people buying all the latest/greatest cans and I get them in hand much sooner than people can.

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
So, is the Wolf Hunter great on an AR or is there a better option? I have a Saker ASR 556K that has been fine on ARs but always looking for a better mousetrap for the next project.

Where do you order the Wolf Hunter from?