Best budget 10x42's binos

SDHNTR

WKR
$6-700 max budget. Need to upgrade my kid's binos. No Vortex, No GPO, no CCP, those are my qualifiers. Open to used too if anybody has a good condition set they want to unload.

JNDEER

WKR
Take the kid to a store and let them look through some contenders. Your eyes may not like vortex- but his eyes may.

If you’re hard set on what was stated above- my suggestion of those mid range glass would be zeiss as Doug recommended above unless you can find a used pair of cabelas euro hd bins.

If you kid favors a SLC kind of glass vortex followed by Zeiss come close to the color hue seen. If the kid favors EL binos then the euro hd (Meopta) followed by leupold tend to show that color hue in the glass. Granite this was my observation a few years back when I looked through a lot of glass.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Take the kid to a store and let them look through some contenders. Your eyes may not like vortex- but his eyes may.

If you’re hard set on what was stated above- my suggestion of those mid range glass would be zeiss as Doug recommended above unless you can find a used pair of cabelas euro hd bins.

If you kid favors a SLC kind of glass vortex followed by Zeiss come close to the color hue seen. If the kid favors EL binos then the euro hd (Meopta) followed by leupold tend to show that color hue in the glass. Granite this was my observation a few years back when I looked through a lot of glass.
It’s a good grades/grad surprise present, so can’t really do that. And my objections listed above have nothing to do with glass preferences, but rather philosophical objections to those companies’ business models.

180ls1

WKR
Nikon Monarch 7's are worth a look at, not much bad about them but their FOV is simply outstanding.

I have had these, can be found new for $400, used in the $300+ range. They are unbeatable for the FOV and clarity at the price.

The Monarch HG is also outstanding, closer to $550 used and a step up in FOV and clarity but not massive.

JGRaider

WKR
I'd forget the used "alpha" stuff even if you can find it in that price range. You hinder yourself with the disclaimers (that's your business entirely) as the Viper HD is very good. A Leupy BX4 is surprisingly good as well and is Jap IIRC.

JNDEER

WKR
It’s a good grades/grad surprise present, so can’t really do that. And my objections listed above have nothing to do with glass preferences, but rather philosophical objections to those companies’ business models.
Oh- lol. Well that makes sense.

I have not looked through Nikons - but those zeiss Doug posted bested leupold and leica in the same price point.

nobody

WKR
I would say check out the new (Gen 2, there is an important distinction) Leupold BX4’s. The originals are still out there, and they have the worst eyecup shape and design ever introduced by an optic company. But the new Gen 2’s have updated modular eyecups with multiple shape and profile options in the box to dial in facial fit. They can be had for between $600 and $800 depending on power/configuration.

JFK

WKR
Tract torics are in that price range and short of finding an open box special or set of higher end used ones, probably the best bino in the under $700 budget. Made in Japan.

JGRaider

WKR
Make sure you get the extended eyecups as well. You may very likely need them. I may have a pair I can send if you can't find any.