Best boots for mountain hikes.

Hey all, looking to get some insight on what boots people have been relying on! I ran through an old pair of columbia’s recently and need to upgrade! Any suggestions? (prefer vibram rubber if possible)

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Valdres. They are discontinuing them for some odd reason so they are on sale right now. Stay waterproof forever, comfortable as slippers and are relatively light weight.

I have had a pair of Moab 3's for 7 years now... I couldn't even guess how many miles are on them. They are beat up, but the Vibram sole on that thing is unbelievable. Ill be replacing them this year. Living out in Colorado, they are my weekend hiker, and use them on all my hunt scouting. Wouldn't trust these on a backcountry hunt (lack of water resistance over time), but I can put the miles in with these things... on and off trail. Great kick around general purpose hiker.

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Zamberlan Baltoro Lite GTX, Crispi Summit 2 GTX if you have the cash.

Salomon Quest 4 GTX, Quest Element, Quest Tracker. Run $180-200.
Great choices if you need a backpacking/hunting capable hiker.

Lighter duty and weight options:

Merrill Moab 3 Apex Mid WP
Zamberlan 219 Anabasis GTX (on sale currently)
Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX

Last edited:
My experience is mostly with combat boots, however I've put some serious miles on various brands and have some thoughts:
Garmonts: Good quality, but very heavy. Leads to fatigue earlier. Don't recommend.
Bates: Fell apart in a month and ruined my feet. Do not recommend.
Merrell: Fantastic. Well built. Comfortable. Literally wore them until I'd worn through the sole.
Under Armor: The most comfortable to date, and so far are holding up excellently. Would buy again.

wildcat33

WKR
If you are looking for an all leather mountain boot Hoffman's Summit is the best boot Ive ever used, by a long margin, from a long line of all the major boot mfg's tried prior.