Best Binos under $750?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The McKinleys are another version of the Zen Ray Prime, and while pretty good optically, I have found the eyecups problematic.

Shrek

WKR
Titaniumman , have you called Doug at cameralandny and see if he could find you some open box deals on the meopta 10x42 hd's. If you could stretch to $800 to $850 I bet you could get a pair you couldn't tell from new. Nevsr hurts to ask him and he very likely could help you out.

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Hah! Some of you guys are down right hilarious! Thanks for the input and keep it coming. I may have to wait a little longer than intended but I can see the reasoning behind stepping up one more level. Thanks!

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Titanium, I think you have a Taurus 44 you might be able to barter for some new binos.

Actually I'm keeping that one. Best packing .44 I ever had. Selling my heavy Ruger to my son-in-law. Where did you pick up your binos? How did you do with the recurve?

Yeah that's a great 44 for packing. I bought my razor hd's at Army Navy in evergreen. That was when Dennis was still there and he was always ready to deal, I haven't bought anything expensive there since he left so I don't know how the folks behind the counter are to work with but I'm sure they would still have the same policy. Seems like street price on vortex stuff should be 20%-25% below msrp. He quoted me 1300 for the 85hd spotter. As for the re-curve, having a ball with it, I did a couple 3d shoots this spring. I'm not sure if I'll be confident enough to pack it in the elk woods this fall or not but that's my goal. I just got back from 4 days on the upper Middle Fork doing a whitewater trip. Take care, Casey

OP
Titaniumman

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input guys. As always you are a wealth of information. I just ordered a pair of Viper HD 10x42. Can't wait to use them next month on my elk and mule deer hunts!