Best Binocular Harness

LaHunter

WKR
Does anyone know? Or is my question that silly?
With the fhf harness, the binos ride fairly high on the chest, or at least that is how I like to run mine. When they are up higher on the chest, you really aren’t ‘laying’ on them in the prone position. If given enough time, you may want to remove the harness, but in a quick shooting situation, you can get prone and get the shot off without putting any significant wt on your binos with the fhf harness positioned properly

FLAK

WKR
A couple questions for you:

How thick is the neoprene that they use for their cover?

Do you use a rangefinder? If so, do you use one of their attachments to connect it to the harness? Does it swing wildly, or pull too much on the cord?

I don't have the rangefinder attachment clip.
The Neoprene cover in NatGear is perfect, I cant say how thick
but I sure do like it.

rokbottom

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the rangefinder attachment clip.
The Neoprene cover in NatGear is perfect, I cant say how thick
but I sure do like it.

How easy is it to flip the cover back over the binos? It seems like that has to be a two-hand operation.

I've been looking at video reviews on YouTube for bino holders. You may want to look at videos comparing different types depending on your needs. I was originally thinking the FHF setup was going to be the one I'd like but now I am leaning towards Marsupial setup.

jamesonm

FNG
Recently went with the agc kodiak after a bunch of research. FHF was my first choice but they are completely sold out for the foreseeable future.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
I keep coming back to the newest verison of the sitka harness. I like how minimal it is while still giving me full coverage. If the marsupial wasnt open on the sides I might give that a go.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Hey Trail, Last year we were hunting Montana and as we were walking this one area the boy slipped and fell filling his new Sitka harness full of snow and was not a happy camper but it did protect the binos inside somewhat

dcooper08

FNG
I run the Badlands D Mag for my 10x42s + rangefinder and I love it. I'd probably be pleased with the other comparable quality harnesses, I've just never tried them out.

pirogue

WKR
I upgraded from the original Kuiu erosion harness to the Pro, when it came out. The original, in size L,was perfect fit for Swaro 10X42 EL, so that is size I ordered in Pro. Not even close to the same size. The harness pocket in the Pro, has about 1/2” extra space, and sticks out from the chest this much more. Not something a bow hunter wants.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I like my AGC Classic Max. RF fits in front pocket and with the max pocket underneath and two side pockets I’ve got enough on my to drop my pack and stalk with everything I need to to get the harvest opened up and meat cooling if need be before I get my pack.
I thought it would be too bulky but it fits my needs well.
If I were in the market again, I’d look hard at the ADAK.

I just picked up the new Kuiu one this winter and really like it. I much prefer it to my older Kuiu one so far

romadant

FNG
I’m using a HPG Recon Kit Bag with their medium bino case attached to the front.

I mostly bow hunt so don’t worry about being prone too much but the kits bags ride a little higher than most other bino harnesses so it is less of an issue if and when I need to.

davescarp

WKR
Recently went with the agc kodiak after a bunch of research. FHF was my first choice but they are completely sold out for the foreseeable future.
I've been wanting a small multicam harness from them since December? whats the deal with this company? How is something out of stock for over 5 months?

DVM92

FNG
Had the AGC but found it very difficult to use one handed when spot and stalk with direction of opening. Went with the Marsupial and love it. The magnet keeps the lid out of the way and can access the binos one handed.

mardal2

FNG
I am moving away from a dual binocular/rf unit and going to traditional 10x42s and a Handheld RF. Want chest harness are you guys using an like the most? I want to be able to carry the rf next to the binocs for quick easy access.
I've been happy with my kuiu harness

Iman

FNG
Used FHF, Kuiu old and new, Marsupial, and eventually settled on the kiss max AGC.
FHF small worked fine for me apart from wishing for a bigger pocket for some extra storage room. Sold it with a bino when went for a bigger bino size.
Old kuiu - a very different animal, never liked the design of it. Sold
New Kuiu - didn’t like the lack of extra storage, too big main compartment, and having to remember to close it when precipitating - applies to all packs with the lid opening outwards.
Marsupial - really wanted it to work. Best quality of all of them, Imho. Low profile. Harness felt best of all. Again, didn’t like direction the lid opens, wanted little more storage, and the magnets affected navigation app on my smartphone when held close to it. For sale.
AGC kiss max- not protruding that much without the front pocket. Combined with the bottom max pocket though it is providing me with all additional storage for the extra stuff I want to keep in it - licenses, a couple of diaphragm calls, glass cleaning cloth, few extra bullets, few reduced loads for small game, wind checker and a headlamp. Easy opening and closing with one hand. The best part I don’t have to remember to close it when it starts raining or snowing as the lid flaps closed as soon I place my bino in it. Replaced couple of buckles with ladder locks and the harness with the one from marsupial.
Feel good, for now :)