Best barrel break-in process

Hey y'all,
Got some exciting news! My new Seekins PH2 in 7mm PRC shipped so I should have it by the end of the week. Super stoked.
Anyway, I've "broken in" a new gun kind of half assed before, but I've never had a rifle this nice , so I really want to do this one the right way. Does anyone have any recommendations to share regarding the best way to go about it?
Any insight/suggestions/knowledge would be great!
Thanks guys!

A couple of patches to make sure it’s free of obvious debris and oil. Then shoot it until it stops grouping well. All of the other recommended nonsense is strictly that, nonsense. I have never done anything different.

nobody

WKR
Step 1: purchase rifle and ammo
Step 2: mount reliable scope onto rifle, in solid rings, on solid bases
Step 3: wipe out bore from chamber end to muzzle
Step 4: shoot the thing
Step 5: repeat steps 1-3 when you replace the barrel

Edit to add: I tend to be in the camp that barrel break in procedures were developed by companies to sell more barrels and more rifles. A rifle either shoots or it doesn’t, and if I have to do a rain dance quadruple backflip double back tap combo type break in procedure or else the rifle “won’t work” or the warranty will be voided, I don’t want that rifle.

I've done a break in on a few rifles and more where I just shot it. I haven't seen any noticeable difference to justify a long drawn out break in process anymore. It seems just like a waste of ammo. I think if I did anything I'd clean it, shoot a few, clean it again and call it a day on the break in.

Diced

WKR
As others have said, just shoot it. A 20 round break-in and all the cleaning between shots bs doesn't do anything. The only change in accuracy I've ever seen is when some barrels will shoot a little tighter after they've hit around 150 rounds and sped up.

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
I have followed the various directions for hand lapped barrels for years. Sometimes they seemed to work, sometimes not so much. Started several years ago, 3 shots cleaning between each shot, end of break in. Start normal group development. Has worked well for me.Why waste rounds during the competitive life of a barrel. Makes no sense to me. I expect to get to back to back 3 shot groups in zeros or low ones then get 5 shot back to back groups in low .1s or better. All initial development with 2 shot groups. Verify back to back 2 days, ready for competition. Any change after this as rounds mount is with tuner which until this point has not been adjusted. At about 1500 rounds I sometimes will play with seating depth if barrel seems to be losing its competitive edge.This is with 6BRX and 6 PPC. There is more than one way to achieve good results, come up with a system and stick to it if it works for YOU.

Check with seekins . Ive done the long drawn out versions and the just shoot it methods . Couldnt tell the difference . Over at the long range forum might be a good place to check with some of the neurotic accuracy hounds. Good luck sounds like a nice weapon.
I would suggest checking with Seekins also. They might suggest what works best for their rifles. Also, if you follow their suggestions and the rifle doesn't shoot per their accuracy standards, then you eliminate that from the cause of not living up to Seekins accuracy standard. At least, clean it really good to remove any manufacturing debris. You have to sight it in, so you can "Break it in" while doing that. Shoot a shot, clean it adjust scope as necessary shoot it again. Run a few solvent patches through it-dry barrel then shoot another shot. By the time you get it hitting where you want, you should be good. As others have suggested, don't get it sizzling hot -take time between shots. Running solvent soaked patches down the bore during the sight-in will help it cool down.

I followed Proof's break in procedures on my newest barrel and it shoots lights out, but it's my first Proof so nothing to compare it to. The procedures were pretty tame compared to some of the others I've seen. I've also had some great shooters that I did no break in at all on, and some that didn't shoot great when I did follow procedures. I guess nowadays I'm in the camp of I'll follow break in procedures if it's minimally invasive, but I'm not a shoot, cool, clean every round for the first 20 kinda guy.

def90

WKR
Has anyone gone through the Seekins method and seen a huge performance change along the way? Or is that a gun sellers myth?

That's the rub.. every barrel is different, if you go through the recommended break in and your rifle shoots exceptionally well you can say that it was because of the break in method when in reality it may have shot just as well if you just went out and shot it. As well as if you just shot the rifle without break in and it groups like any other average gun one might be inclined to say that the break in procedure wasn't followed thus the barrel is no ruined when it may have been shit to begin with. There is zero way to measure the effectiveness.

PineBrook413

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Im not sure it makes any difference at all. I typically do the following:

Clean
shoot 3
Clean
Shoot 3
Clean
Shoot 3
Clean

I've seen every variation of performance. I've had factory guns i've babied and were always mediocre, rifles i've abused and never gave shit about and they still shoot great. Also every variation in-between.