Best barrel break-in process

With the modern rifling methods I'd question whether the rifle needed breaking in at all
For last 20 year with off the shelf or new build rifle I clean them thoroughly and shoot them and have had zero problems with accuracy at any point in number down the pipe

Thank you all for all the advice and suggestions, I appreciate it. I looked for a barrel break in procedure on the Seekins website and found nothing, but after reading through some other posts and forums I found that Seekins doesn't really have or suggest one. They more or less say clean it, shoot 20 rounds, clean it again, and you're good to go. Basically the same process the majority of you suggested so that's what I plan on doing. Thanks again !

Get it home, clean it the firearm completely to remove factory oils grease etc.
Re grease/oil
Mount optic
Shoot
at the end of every shooting session I will just remove all unburnt propellent and carbon build up
Do not "deep clean" until accuracy starts to open up

I'm not wasting my time cleaning 17x before I officially site in

Run a patch with alcohol to clean out any oil or residue. Follow up with a dry patch then go shoot it. Round count for most matches is roughly 100 so I thoroughly clean my rifles every time I put 100 rounds through it. I'll start load development once I have 200 rounds down the pipe.

Back