Best bang for your buck LRF Binos

satchamo

WKR
I’m just starting this search after drawing a late rifle tag in AZ. I’m mostly a bowhunter so when hunting the Midwest, I’ll run a separate rangefinder/bino so I’m not looking to spend swaro el money but also don’t want a piece of junk….

Let’s say a guy has $1000 to spend…. What’s the best 10x42 lrf option right now for the $$?

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m just starting this search after drawing a late rifle tag in AZ. I’m mostly a bowhunter so when hunting the Midwest, I’ll run a separate rangefinder/bino so I’m not looking to spend swaro el money but also don’t want a piece of junk….

Let’s say a guy has $1000 to spend…. What’s the best 10x42 lrf option right now for the $$?
You might look in the classifieds as I believe someone is selling some Leica 10x42 HDBs for just over $1k right now. Not sure if you're wanting bluetooth though.

Found it:

dster3

FNG
You can usually find a used pair of votex furry 5000 for around $1k or maybe a little below. Has applied ballistics you can sync with your ballistic data, ranges then waits a second or so then spits out your dial.

Kurts86

WKR

If you have an AZ late rifle tag I’d prioritize 15x56 binoculars over lower end range finding binoculars.

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
If you have an AZ late rifle tag I’d prioritize 15x56 binoculars over lower end range finding binoculars.

Already have a spotter and tripod setup plus binos. Feel pretty comfortable with that.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Best RF's are Sig 3k or Vortex Fury 5k's in that price range. If between those two I'd recommend the Vortex because I think the glass was better (and Sig warranty is only 5 years).

Neither comes very close to european glass quality though. So if a ballistic readout is not a requirement of yours, and you are ok with "2nd best" rangefinding, a used set of leica HD-Rs will have much better glass than the chinese stuff

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Best RF's are Sig 3k or Vortex Fury 5k's in that price range. If between those two I'd recommend the Vortex because I think the glass was better (and Sig warranty is only 5 years).

Neither comes very close to european glass quality though. So if a ballistic readout is not a requirement of yours, and you are ok with "2nd best" rangefinding, a used set of leica HD-Rs will have much better glass than the chinese stuff

Yeah I should have prefaced I DO want ballistic readout.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah I should have prefaced I DO want ballistic readout.
Then I'm not sure anything beats the Fury 5k's with your budget. I have no durability report on them, as my only experience with them is a borrowed set, but I would look there before getting another Sig 3k or 6k

Last edited:

JGRaider

WKR
If you want ballistics, The Fury AB is a no brainer in this price range. Sig's CS and warranty is a joke. Not only is it 5 years, it's 5 years from date of manufacture, not date of purchase.