Best bang for your buck Gear

Outdoor Research Helium Jacket (6 oz) and Outdoor Research Helium Bivy Sack. Cheap, bomber, light.

M65 Pants for $13.

ILBE pack for $80

Off brand carbon fiber trekking poles for $25

Off brand titanium stove that weighs 2 ounces for $20

3F UL Lanshan 2 Tent for $95

Marmot Trestles Elite 20 degree bag for $65

Basically my trail weight (not including rifle/bow and Bono’s) for 5 days down to 30 degree weather is 30lbs including a liter of water, and I spent less than $500.

fmyth

WKR
I picked up a Vortex Crossfire II 3 - 9 x 50 V-Plex Riflescope from Academy.com on clearance for $119 with a $20 off coupon/link from Activejunky and got 7% back. This is going on my back up rifle, a Savage Axis 7mm-08 that I got for under $200. If it gets stolen from camp or my truck it won't ruin my week.

Rokslide classifieds. Icebreaker merino shirt nwt for $15. I have about 100 days in this still like new. Heley Hanson full zip grid fleece bought in near new condition for $25.

Bought new. Kuiu zip off bottoms. $60 from the outlet. Worn about 50 days. The convenience is priceless. Wrangler hiking pants $25, see any of many threads about these. Tenacious tape, saved a buddy with a hole in his pad. Two pack merino beanie on clearance for $5.

+1 on the Kuiu zip off bottoms. I'm not sure why this style isn't more popular. No more being lazy and keeping base layers on when all sweaty. No more taking boots off in wet or snowy areas just to remove bottoms. Amazing value.

Travis907

WKR
+1 for Leukotape and cascade trekking poles! Like most have said, the important things you shouldn’t skimp on or it might catch up with you in the end and ruin your hunt!

Got all my hunting clothing and gear stolen from a shed this year and piecing it back together is painful. Seaching sportsmans Free membership time had brought in some "good" guide gear brand and scentlok stuff for cheap. I had a good cheap Timber hawk backpack that worked great for 5 years as well. Looking to replace my Sitka Fanatic as it was second to none in late season.

MNman

FNG
Check out Kings camo. My buddy who guides out in Colorado recommended it to me. He has seen more and more people wear it over the last 2 years.

Unclemoe

FNG
something i haven't seen yet is REI's Garage sale, they do alot of returns of things that people just didnt like or didn't fit well and then twice a year or so they hold a huge sale where they sell off the returned gear for super cheap, got black diamond trekking poles for like 10 bucks black north face denali fleece for 30 tents sleeping bags you name it they have it, just gotta go there with no thoughts of what you want because you never know what they will have

The cascade trekking poles from costco have worked great for me on many scouting and hunting trips over the last couple years. I also wear the wrangler outdoor pants on a daily basis for work as well as training hikes and even have a few pairs specifically for hunting. In southern AZ the cat claw eats pants so for javelina, quail, and dove seasons its nice not worrying about my more expensive hunting pants getting pulled and pin holed.

I’d say Black Ovis merino shirt for $45 off of camofire is my best so far.

Followed closely by a $35 Swiss gear puffy and $25 wrangler hiking pants.

Last edited:
Platypus Big Hoser or Osprey bladders. Both are easy to fill, quick connect compatible, cheap, and bombproof. I ran one Big Hoser for about 7 years, finally through it out because I figured the thing had to be grimey after all that time. No other reason.

Smoke in a bottle - Cheapest, most indispensable item on every hunt and leads to every notched tag.

Z-light pad - glassing comfort and mid-day naps improved dramatically and you get three for price of one, despite one lasting a long time...

Savage99

WKR
Kirkland merino socks are my favorite budget must haves. 6 pair for less than 20 bux. Some of mine are going on their 3rd year and still in good shape.

I’ve been buying these for years. They’ve changed over time. Only once I thought they were uncomfortably tight for the sizing. The other three “generations” of them were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake343

FNG
Have found some great deals on used equipment/clothes/shoes on Geartrade.com. The website isn't the most user friendly, but worth a look.