Best Ballistics App Today?

What's everyone's preferred ballistics app or program these days? I've used a few over the years and have been using Ballistic App the most recently. It's not the most user friendly, but I've found the solutions decent. I was trying to figure out if I could add in my hit data at 600 that was slightly different than what the app said, and it got me thinking if I'm missing something that another app offers.

I know the Hornady 4DOF app allows you to true up at 400 yds, maybe more. I believe it uses all applicable ballistics inputs to get you doped out to 1,000 yds or more.

My dope chart printout was money out to 600 using it. Allows for environmental corrections as well.

OP
DenimChicken
I might give it a whirl and compare to Ballistic App. Ballistic App was spot on to 500. I have minor tweaks at 600 that certainly could have been environmental.

TxLite

WKR
I use the sig bdx app with my sig rangefinder. I’ve found it to be accurate to 600 for several rifles but I haven’t taken it further. Once I have a ballistic profile set up for that rifle, the rangefinder’s HUD will give me yardage, drop value, and wind hold so I can dial as needed.

It stops producing ballistic data past 800 though.

OP
DenimChicken
I use the sig bdx app with my sig rangefinder. I’ve found it to be accurate to 600 for several rifles but I haven’t taken it further. Once I have a ballistic profile set up for that rifle, the rangefinder’s HUD will give me yardage, drop value, and wind hold so I can dial as needed.

Good to know. It's been on my radar and I've been thinking hard about picking up a ballistic rangefinder this year, but I'm pretty smitten with the Kowa 554 spotter and might need to take one of those home before I upgrade my RF.

I use that too for my BDX scopes. For dialing normal scopes though I found the Hornady app to be way more detailed in terms of input. User interface isn’t bad, potentially better than Sig.

TxLite

WKR
I use that too for my BDX scopes. For dialing normal scopes though I found the Hornady app to be way more detailed in terms of input. User interface isn’t bad, potentially better than Sig.
Yeah I have the Hornady as a backup and like it as well. It’s got a lot to offer for details. I mainly just use the sig because of the way it works with the RF and it’s been accurate for me

tdbaugha

FNG
Kestrel Elite with AB is an easy button.

Revic is a great, free, phone app.

4DOF is pretty good.

If you’re primarily shooting less than 800 yards, Bushnell’s app is alright, and written by Nick Vitalbo.

GeoBallistics works, but is kinda clunky.
Is the kestrel elite with AB running a drag curve or BC solver?

Kestrel Elite with AB is an easy button.

Revic is a great, free, phone app.

4DOF is pretty good.

If you’re primarily shooting less than 800 yards, Bushnell’s app is alright, and written by Nick Vitalbo.

GeoBallistics works, but is kinda clunky.
I use kestrel elite with AB. Not the cheapest option but works great for me.

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always just used the Hornady app. Works good for me and my needs also free too

I’ve found shooter easier to use than AB but I don’t link a device to input environmental data so I might change my mind if I used a kestrel or something that linked up with the solver.

Both are easier than 4Dof to figure out

Revic seems pretty easy, I downloaded it after listening to a Gunwerks podcast and figured it out easily. Outputs match AB and shooter

Tesoro

Lil-Rokslider
Applied Ballistics is the king. But one thing I noticed is it dosent ask for latitudes for coriolis. Wonder if it picks this up from internal gps?

Another vote for the sig BDX rangefinder/app combo.

Missed an opportunity at a bear this year because we were fiddling with an app trying to get all the data input for the shot. The next weekend, using my rifle and BDX setup, we got an initial range and dialed to 5 1/4 MOA. Bear kept moving so by the time the shooter was settled in for the shot I was able to range again and we needed to adjust two more clicks. That took all of three seconds and the shot was dead on. Very efficient system that allows you to adjust on the fly.