Best Backcountry Bino Mount

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
While I like to very weight conscious, I know quality matters. If it brakes in the field, that’s going to hurt. That being said, I’m trying to decide between the 2 Really Right Stuff Bino mounts and the Aziak Binocular clamps. Going on Leica Geovid Pro’s 10x42. TYIA

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The aziak clamps are really nice. Light and simple, always there is the best part. But when you grab the bino barrel, you have to deal with the bracket and arca foot being in the way. For me the convenience outweighs the minor annoyance of grabbing that aziak clamp with my hand on the bino barrel.

NealS02

FNG
I had a center mount on my old pair of Vortex binoculars, but switched to Aziak clamp when I upgraded to a new pair of Swaros. The clamp is lightweight, easy to pack, and durable. I would definitely recommend.

I just got the wiser precision sparrow, and I really like it. Similar to the aziak, but the foot is centered on the bino and it looks more low profile than the aziak. Just another one to consider

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I recognize some binoculars aren’t able to accept a binocular stud/post. Which is unfortunate. Using a clamp results in a heavy, bulky and inefficient choice. That also looks clunky, doesn’t self level and offsets your binos from the centerline of the tripod head. From my perspective bino clamps should be avoided, if possible.

Last edited:

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
I have the aziak on my NL pures and haven't had any issues with using it or taking in and out of my harness.

Spoonman

WKR
Outdoorsman for me. I run it on my EL 12x50’s and it’s very easy to go from the chest harness to the tripod. The clamp would occasionally catch on the harness when putting them away or taking them out. The stud does not catch on anything.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the RRS Cinch over the Aziak. I really wanted to like the Aziak since it's so streamlined, but you can't level out your binos if your tripod/head isn't level. The RRS allows you to level them out pretty easily. The offset thing doesn't bother me, but sounds like it does others. So I guess something to consider.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

OP
C

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled the trigger on the Wiser Sparrows. A blend of the Aziaks and RRS but center mounted. I'll report back in a week or two. Leica's are supposed to get here the end of the week.