best 2 man stove friendly archery shelter

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
I plan on using my new MSR Hubba Hubba NX pitched without the floor with a canister stove inside with proper ventilation. I've never tried an ultralight tipi style tent but most of them are designed to be used with stoves.

Shrek

WKR
Sawtooth ! I've had doubts about every piece of my gear except for my Sawtooth and Duplex pack frame. I replaced a bunch after my first trip west and I'm working on my kit again this year but the Sawtooth has never been in question. I hit a home run in my first at bat with the Sawtooth.

I have a six man seek outside and a medium stove that works great for two guys and gear.

I also have a para tipi and a small stove. It will work for two guys, but it's really better as a solo.

SDC

Lil-Rokslider
Currently running a SeekOutside Lil'BugOut with a 3-piece vestibule and stove. Plenty of space for 2 guys in there. Three of us are headed to CO this fall, and it'll be an LBO base+tarp+base setup since one of the other guys has an LBO base as well.

OP
G
I have a six man seek outside and a medium stove that works great for two guys and gear.

I also have a para tipi and a small stove. It will work for two guys, but it's really better as a solo.

Currently running a SeekOutside Lil'BugOut with a 3-piece vestibule and stove. Plenty of space for 2 guys in there. Three of us are headed to CO this fall, and it'll be an LBO base+tarp+base setup since one of the other guys has an LBO base as well.

Any pictures?

I am partial to the bcs. Here is a pic of the grande.
91c2dff2a23ff594694d902fc76bd865.jpg
518ad96cc2dc533264964ae984ce4b0b.jpg

Beastmode

WKR
Beast have you used the cimarron? I've been eyeing it lately.
Not yet tips. I was talking to Angie and Kevin about it as they were building it and have been excited about it ever since Angie brought it up. I will be using one in Nevada this year if all goes as planned. My hunting partner just ordered one.

Not yet tips. I was talking to Angie and Kevin about it as they were building it and have been excited about it ever since Angie brought it up. I will be using one in Nevada this year if all goes as planned. My hunting partner just ordered one.

Nice I look forward to your thoughts, I'm lookin at jumping into my first floor less and that one jumped out at me.

gmajor

WKR
Not really the best stove friendly setup. Great for two people who don't mind not being able to stand up and don't need a stove.

Interesting. I bought one specifically for this setup (getting a small wifi stove), and find that it's incredibly spacious even with the stove area (the entire annex end) blocked off. Like surprisingly spacious. Granted, my hunting partner and I are both sub 5'10", but still.

EDIT: I admit I care about weight exponentially more than the ability to stand up right next to a center pole

Beastmode

WKR
Nothing to do with space. The mega is definitely mega. A stove is a little more efficient in the center of a shelter instead of one end. Nothing wrong wrong with the mega/stove combo just not the "best" option in my opinion. There are a ton of guys that run that setup and it works great for them.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Interesting. I bought one specifically for this setup (getting a small wifi stove), and find that it's incredibly spacious even with the stove area (the entire annex end) blocked off. Like surprisingly spacious. Granted, my hunting partner and I are both sub 5'10", but still.

EDIT: I admit I care about weight exponentially more than the ability to stand up right next to a center pole

Weight difference between a megatarp with the annex and the Cimarron will be right at a half pound. For me being able to stand up next to the center pole and have more heat giving stove pipe inside the shelter along make me lean towards the sawtooth or Cimarron. The Megatarp is a great shelter but I feel adding the annex and putting at stove in it takes away from what makes it so great.