Best 10x42

Looking to upgrade Binos and wanting to stick around the 10x42s. Want to spend around $1000. Been looking at vortex razor or maven b 1.2? What are your thoughts

HUNT JR

WKR
I had Razor binoculars before I bought Swaro SLC binos, to me they are way better than the Vortex. You can find them on here for around 1200-1300 and to me it is money well spent.

Looking to upgrade Binos and wanting to stick around the 10x42s. Want to spend around $1000. Been looking at vortex razor or maven b 1.2? What are your thoughts
Used swaro’s are a great option at that price point. If you prefer new, check out meopta or cabela’s rebranded meoptas.

DANJR

FNG
Tract Toric, put the money you save towards other gear. Optical quality on par with or over anything in the $1k price range I've looked at. If buying used and wanting to step up to over $1k, used Swaros are a good bet. I couldn't justify the extra $500-700 to buy used when optical quality of the Torics will still knock your socks off-good enough for me.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe help us both. How do the 10x42 Conquest rank in this price range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the Leupold BX-5? I’ve been looking for a nice pair of 10x42’s as well. I may consider a used set of Swaro’s too. I’m interested to hear other recommendations.

Last edited:

RUM61

FNG
I have some Leica Trinovid 10x42 and really like them but be aware, if you wear glasses the eye relief is very short, 15mm from their specs.

Marble

WKR
My thoughts are buy the best pair of 10x42s you can buy. If you have a pair already, don't buy any until you have the cash to do it. Get what you want. Not what you can afford...right now. Maybe you have to wait another year. It's worth it.

In my opinion, the SLCs are light years ahead of anything new for $1000. To explain the difference between a few Vortex I've looked at and my swaros, would be like comparing the TV of the 90s to what available today.

But that's my opinion.

A store with a good optics counter will have a tripod set up and should let you take them outside to try them out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I just got a set of Meopro Airs and love them! They're a lot better than the Viper HDs that I had before.

I would call Doug and let him get you squared away.

OP
Arrowghost
Thanks for the opinions. Would love to pick up a set of used Swarovski around that 1200 mark but seems like that’s hard to come by. I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes open.

amassi

WKR
Thanks for the opinions. Would love to pick up a set of used Swarovski around that 1200 mark but seems like that’s hard to come by. I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes open.
Check for demos, found a steal in Europtic on el 10x42 last year

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
I will echo what Marble said. Get what you want, not what you can “afford right now,” even if it means you’ll have to wait a year or two to save up.

specneeds

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had lots of binoculars buying & selling or upgrading the younger generation optics. Until I got new Swarovski SLC 10x42’s & they are just so much clearer and sharper it’s hard to think about going backwards. I found mine néw for 1400 so a real bargain too. But I owned & hunted them 6 years before the difference paid off with 2 cow elk in the scrub oak for my SIL & I.

Jlmoses1

FNG
Swarovski’s are the best glass I’ve tried. Leica and Zeiss are close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro