Bergara or Bergarbage Challenge - Anyone near ABQ w/ a 300WM that shoots?

Man I must’ve hit the Bergara jackpot after reading about your troubles and many many others on rokslide.
I bought a b14 wilderness hunter in the fall of 2020 in 300wm. First ammo I tried was Federal Terminal Ascent 200gr and it’s a friggin tack driver. I’ve shot targets with it out to 800 yards and it shoots better than I can. Sorry to hear about your battle man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our group of hunting buddies has 4 different bergaras ranging from 6.5 cm to (2) 300wm to 300prc. a few are standard B14 and a few are the premier line. all shoot sub-moa with the right load. My personal b14 300prc shoots 5/8" 3 shot groups consistently @ 100 yards (220eldx handloads) and stays sub moa confirmed out to 1000 if wind cooperates. my premier 6.5CM is 1/2 moa as well confirmed out to 1000 sub moa again with cooperating wind. The 6.5 shoots handloads sub 1/2 moa and shoots factory hornady match around 3/4" at 100.

I have had many guns struggle to shoot 1" groups with premium factory loads. including my 28 nosler with proof barrel. haven't found factory ammo thats better than 1.25". handloads are a different story

Your Tikkas aren't true sub-MOA rifles (and I love Tikkas). Take me up on my offer and I will prove it. I'll buy the beer, provide your lodgings, and we will shoot and enjoy the weekend. Just tell me when. But leave your feelings on your rifle and scope in TN...

I started using Ballistic-X to measure groups vs calipers. What method are you using that’s going to provide a different result? I took my best handloads and shot 30 shots at 100 yards and got 0.85 MOA.

OP
swavescatter
Man I must’ve hit the Bergara jackpot after reading about your troubles and many many others on rokslide.
I bought a b14 wilderness hunter in the fall of 2020 in 300wm. First ammo I tried was Federal Terminal Ascent 200gr and it’s a friggin tack driver. I’ve shot targets with it out to 800 yards and it shoots better than I can. Sorry to hear about your battle man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 6.5CM HMR Wilderness that shoots great.

This thread is about Bergara's customer service, and how I've spent hundreds on ammo trying to get it to shoot, eventually needing to pay a gunsmith out of pocket.

All manufacturers make mistakes (some at higher rates), but when that happens I expect manufacturers to stand behind their product and make it right, not just accuse the customer of inability to shoot and tell them to pound sand.

I have a 6.5CM HMR Wilderness that shoots great.

This thread is about Bergara's customer service, and how I've spent hundreds on ammo trying to get it to shoot, eventually needing to pay a gunsmith out of pocket.

All manufacturers make mistakes (some at higher rates), but when that happens I expect manufacturers to stand behind their product and make it right, not just accuse the customer of inability to shoot and tell them to pound sand.

Did you send it back to them and they test fired it? I sent a rifle back to them and it did not pass their test so they put a new barrel on it. If they can get a 3 shot, sub MOA group, it meets their accuracy guarantee. You need to shoot it long range and see how it performs. It probably is a good shooting rifle under field conditions.

Did you send it back to them and they test fired it? I sent a rifle back to them and it did not pass their test so they put a new barrel on it. If they can get a 3 shot, sub MOA group, it meets their accuracy guarantee. You need to shoot it long range and see how it performs. It probably is a good shooting rifle under field conditions.

Which hopefully more people come to understand is next to worthless. Warranty should be to chamber defects rather than “accuracy”. Some pretty dogshit rifles will put together an occasional 3 shot MOA group.

Please schitt can that Sled. It does you and the rifle ZERO favors.

I own a Bergara 300 WM. In HMR platform. Accuracy struggled at the onset.

Pull barreled action out of the stock. Pay attention to how it's seated in the bedding block of the stock. Be very careful of how you torque the action back into the stock.

The lack of free recoil by using a Sled will beat the piss out of your optic and mounting system. Recheck everything.

Lastly, I do NOT like the chamber on my factory Bergara 300. It's smooth enough. But my load data requires far less powder charges than book or factory loads.

Be interested to see you have had access to a LEGIT chrono...like a Lab or Magneto. Just to see what's going on.

Please schitt can that Sled. It does you and the rifle ZERO favors.

I own a Bergara 300 WM. In HMR platform. Accuracy struggled at the onset.

Pull barreled action out of the stock. Pay attention to how it's seated in the bedding block of the stock. Be very careful of how you torque the action back into the stock.

The lack of free recoil by using a Sled will beat the piss out of your optic and mounting system. Recheck everything.

Lastly, I do NOT like the chamber on my factory Bergara 300. It's smooth enough. But my load data requires far less powder charges than book or factory loads.

Be interested to see you have had access to a LEGIT chrono...like a Lab or Magneto. Just to see what's going on.

Yeah I agree. Lead Sleds are for people that shoot their rifles 3x a year and wear white sneakers deer hunting.

OP
swavescatter
I don't use a lead sled - it's a very light, unweighted, sled I use from the bench when I don't have a bipod sometimes.

I'm concluding this experiment and will be shooting my Tikka more. It's at the smith getting threaded for a suppressor. The Bergarbage 300WM will be turned into a 7PRC eventually...