Bergara opinions??

TaperPin

WKR
Bang for the buck CA is hard to beat - the machining is very good - feels like a custom action. The barrels are well made with nicely done chambers - as nice as many custom chambers.

At least one gunsmith that sets up a lot of CA rifles thinks they are the most accurate for their price range.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Forums are funny, broaden where you get feedback from is my only advice. Tikkas are great rifles, but Rokslide quite obviously has an unhealthy obsession with them. On another forum you might find Bergara's viewed the same way Tikkas are here and a bunch of great results from them shot long and hard in competition settings. Not just 5 rounds a year for hunting.

Forums are funny, broaden where you get feedback from is my only advice. Tikkas are great rifles, but Rokslide quite obviously has an unhealthy obsession with them. On another forum you might find Bergara's viewed the same way Tikkas are here and a bunch of great results from them shot long and hard in competition settings. Not just 5 rounds a year for hunting.

What forum has the Bergara fans?

Just saw this thread yesterday https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/finicky-bergara.7214522/

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I think @Scooter88 is happy with his (but he thinks I'm a "gear elitist" after a tossed my rifle in the mud last weekend unloading a boat). So, might depend on what you want.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I get this is”tikka country” but honestly a bit of a reason for it. They are an easy button. I own have owned, xbolts, rugers, savages, tikka, sako, CA, coopers. The tikkas are still reasonable, honestly best “cheap” rifle is the ruger American but they have their issues too. But coolest thing is last I checked this is still the USA so buy and shoot what you want! And let us know how you like/ dislike it.

kkp005

WKR
I’ve had 2 Bergaras. First one was a ridge sp in 308….. it was a nightmare to get to shoot. Never really would shoot anything consistently under MOA… I got frustrated with it and just rebarreled to a 6cm…

Currently have a Bergara stoke in 6.5 prc… it shoots decent….
I’ve got a handful of tikkas and moving forward that’s the only road I think I’ll go down

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. This forum leans towards Tikka more than other forums. But I still think forum surfing is better than taking the advice of your local Cabela's "expert". And if you can read enough you will notice patterns that will help you make your choice. I have read way too many bad things about Christensen. I would not be against a bergara. I've seen more issues reported than with Tikka, but still seem to be well liked overall, much better than Christensen. Ruger American's are great guns but every magazine I have used has been crap. If they would just fix their magazines.

Should be the same broken record so let me guess.........no true short action, can't cycle bolt on safety, cheap plastikka stock......what else did I miss? Mr MaGoo could shoot MOA with one. Bergara aspires to be like a Tikka, and Tikka definitely does not aspire to be like a Bergara.

Missed some. Not 'merican. Plastic bottom metal. Plastic magazines. Stupid magazines rather than floor plate. Magazines not flush.

Edit: OMG, forgot the bolt slop. Cant live with a little play in the bolt. I'd much rather deal with a reduction in smoothness, some more propensity to bind, and limited tolerance of debris than that play in the bolt.

Last edited:

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Bang for the buck CA is hard to beat - the machining is very good - feels like a custom action. The barrels are well made with nicely done chambers - as nice as many custom chambers.

At least one gunsmith that sets up a lot of CA rifles thinks they are the most accurate for their price range.
Go watch backfire's review of the Christensen mesa and tell me it has a nice action.... And is accurate.

Last edited:
OP
G
Missed some. Not 'merican. Plastic bottom metal. Plastic magazines. Stupid magazines rather than floor plate. Magazines not flush.

Edit: OMG, forgot the bolt slop. Cant live with a little play in the bolt. I'd much rather deal with a reduction in smoothness, some more propensity to bind, and limited tolerance of debris than that play in the bolt.
Posted

Looking at the Wilderness Sierra because I am left handed.
Not a Tikka fan.
Other option is Christensen
Thoughts? Thanks
Dude. The only reliable rifle out there is a Tikka, and it must be topped with an SFWA or a Maven or else it won't hit the side of a barn!!!! Drink the kool-aid and get with the program bro!!!

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

dreadi

FNG
Just now I looked at one of my distributors and filtered for left hand bolt guns in stock. There's 63 different UPCs in stock with Savage having 32, Tikka having 12, Ruger 6, Bergara 3, etc etc.

At a different distributor they have 60 left handed bolt guns in stock, with Tikka leading the way at 34, then Savage at 13. Bergara and Ruger are in the single digits. If I change the search to left handed threaded barrel, I get in-stock 127 options with Savage leading the way. Interesting note, the majority of those 60 and 127 are 6.5 CM

So if Tikka isn't for you, and you start to have doubts about Bergara, maybe Savage has something to offer that interests you.