Bergara B-14 Wilderness Hunter build

rdramsey8

FNG
Put this rifle together for Western big game hunting. Pretty happy with how it turned out, just waiting on the Mathew’s Fab cheek riser to show up.

Bergara B-14 Wilderness Hunter 6.5 Creedmor
HS Precision PSV096
SWFA SS 10x42
SWFA level
Nightforce Ultralight rings
Nightforce base
Harris S-LM (9-13”)

Might eventually pick-up a Nightforce NXS, but honestly I’ve always had good luck with the SWFA scopes.

Used purple vibra-tite on action screws, base, and cap screws. All torqued to spec. Hoping this will prove to be a reliable set-up. If it performs well, I’ll be looking to build up another just like it in 7 PRC or 300 PRC.

IMG_9198.jpeg

OP
rdramsey8

rdramsey8

FNG
These Bergara's are really nice. Still trying to decide between that and a Tikka.
I had the same dilemma, the only reason I went with the Bergara is because the action is a 700 footprint and makes finding stocks, triggers, bases super easy. I’m extremely happy with the rifle. Can’t wait for my Mathew’s Fab comb riser and my Aadland lens covers to get here. I’ve got a bunch of Hornady 140 ELD-M waiting to get shot!

OP
rdramsey8

rdramsey8

FNG
Rifle is completed and ready to start getting acquainted with before the season kicks off!

IMG_9434.jpeg
IMG_9432.jpeg
IMG_9450.jpeg

SloppyJ

WKR
How's she shoot? My buddy just got a 7prc HMR today because last time we went to the range he couldn't keep up with his 338LM. They seem like solid guns. I know the Bergara barrel on my muzzleloader is a tack driver.

OP
rdramsey8

rdramsey8

FNG
How's she shoot? My buddy just got a 7prc HMR today because last time we went to the range he couldn't keep up with his 338LM. They seem like solid guns. I know the Bergara barrel on my muzzleloader is a tack driver.
I was hoping to zero it today, but the weather turned before I got off work. Fingers crossed we don’t get another afternoon thunderstorm tomorrow. I’ll post up an update after I get it to the range.

SloppyJ

WKR
I was hoping to zero it today, but the weather turned before I got off work. Fingers crossed we don’t get another afternoon thunderstorm tomorrow. I’ll post up an update after I get it to the range.
Good luck! I'm sure I'll be headed out with my buddy in about a week or so and I'll probably end up loading for it too.

OP
rdramsey8

rdramsey8

FNG
1/2 MOA at 100 yard with both Hornady 140 ELD-M’s and 143 ELD-X’s. Couldn’t be happier with this rifle. I’ll throw a Trigger Tech flat pull trigger in it and replace the barrel with a Proof carbon light sendero before next season, but this will easily satisfy my semi custom itch this season.