WTB Beretta 391 12 ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRO

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am helping my hunting partners 20 year old son get his first shotgun. His budget is 800.00 and he has his hear set on a 391. It’s going to be used primarily for chukar hunting, so it definitely does not need to be a pretty wood having safe queen.

Just checking to see if anyone has one sitting in the back of their safe that they’re looking to sell.

I have bought other shotguns off of here and have sold to multiple people online if you need references.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am helping my hunting partners 20 year old son get his first shotgun. His budget is 800.00 and he has his hear set on a 391. It’s going to be used primarily for chukar hunting, so it definitely does not need to be a pretty wood having safe queen.

Just checking to see if anyone has one sitting in the back of their safe that they’re looking to sell.

I have bought other shotguns off of here and have sold to multiple people online if you need references.
Sounds like the young man picked a winner! I've been a 391 guy for more rounds than I can guess. I travel quite a bit to bird hunt and have picked up a couple "backup" 391s just in case. While I'm not willing to part with my stash, I do still keep an eye out for them and might be able to help.
The last one I bought was probably 5-6 years ago and they were a lot easier to find in that $800 range. Since then, most of the synthetic models I see have climbed into the $1,000-$1,200 asking and the fancy wood stuff is wild high. I live in ND where upland is big, so my market might be different.
There's currently a synthetic/blued 28" Urika Optima for sale in Fargo, ND. It's been listed on a local site for over a year, and he hasn't budged from his $1k asking. Not sure if the seller would ship or wheel and deal but if you'd like I can send you the listing. It looks pretty nice and if he would have taken my $800 offer last year it would be in my safe with its brothers.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unfortunately I think it will be tough to find a 391 for $800 these days. The last couple years their value has gone up dramatically. I would suggest he look for a 390. They are very similar with most parts being universal between the two besides the gas system. You should be able to find a nice 390 without much trouble for that price. If he doesn’t like the square receiver on the 390 look for a 3901 or AL390 Sport. They have rounded actions just like the 391.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Unfortunately I think it will be tough to find a 391 for $800 these days. The last couple years their value has gone up dramatically. I would suggest he look for a 390. They are very similar with most parts being universal between the two besides the gas system. You should be able to find a nice 390 without much trouble for that price. If he doesn’t like the square receiver on the 390 look for a 3901 or AL390 Sport. They have rounded actions just like the 391.

Love my 390 Silver Mallard. Shots awesome and will eat any ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.