Beard oil?

MHWASH

WKR
After a couple nights in the backcountry, I find my beard scratchy and quite annoying when I’m trying to sleep. I don’t have this issue when I’m at home showering everyday.

Will applying beard oil keep my beard from annoying me?

TSAMP

WKR
Contrary to popular belief, beard oil is actually for the health of the skin beneath the beard. It may soften beard hair as a byproduct. I can't say I notice a difference using it, and most beard oil has a perfume that might not be desired in hunting camps.

Toughen up!

dlee56

WKR
It helps me out with itchy beard but if you don’t apply it daily it’ll just wear off/soak in. You can avoid the scents and just get a plain jojoba oil off Amazon, that’s what I use.

Not sure if it’s worth packing into the backcountry but that’s up to you.

It would be a mess I'd think.

Might be better off just toting a bar of soap and washing up every night or two.

WCB

WKR
It helps with dry skin and that type of itching with mine. Normally the itchy ness and uncomfortableness when I have a beard is due to basically hair being pressed/matted down (like when you where a hat all day and take it off). Found if I can wash it every couple days with warm water it helps.

But again if you are talking skin irritation yes beard oil will help. I have one now with a cedar wood scent...

It helps a ton with itchy skin.

Could always try bear grease or any of the argon types from most stores. It’s almost all the same except for scents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Before I go into the back country for any extended period I get rid of as much hair as possible so I don't have to deal with greasy, sweaty, stinky hair. High and tight hair cut, shave beard tight, set the clippers to about a 1/4" and take a couple swipes through the jungle under my arms - will even knock down the mess in my private area as well. Give my finger and toe nails a fresh clip...etc. By the time I come out, I have a pretty good start on a new beard any way. Things seem to take a little longer to get grody when you start the week out all buttoned up, and its easier to clean up with baby wipes with all long stuff gone.

mt100gr.

WKR
I thought beard oil was a product OF a beard! Like olive oil. Isn't that how you know it's healthy, when you can wring it out?

Rich M

WKR
I had a beard for about 5 years, found it itchy and eh. I shave about every 2-3 days. If I go for more than 8-9 days it drives me nuts.

I work w some guys who look like ZZ Top, can ask them if they oil it I guess. Not wanting to get my azz kicked tho.

TSAMP

WKR
I had a beard for about 5 years, found it itchy and eh. I shave about every 2-3 days. If I go for more than 8-9 days it drives me nuts.

I work w some guys who look like ZZ Top, can ask them if they oil it I guess. Not wanting to get my azz kicked tho.
Don't ask, just lean in and sniff it, you'll know.