Bear creek arsenal 223 wylde deer hunt

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
In Oklahoma it’s legal to hunt deer with the 223. I had the opportunity to harvest a mature doe at 170 yards with the 20” .223 wylde. Doe was broadside and was using 77 tmk hand loads. She did a 60 yard death dash and expired very fast. Had a complete pass thru and this was what the lungs looked like below. It looked like a grenade went off in the chest cavity. Oklahoma has an upcoming 2 week doe hunt and I plan to try it again. Very impressed with the results so far. This 20” 223 wylde from bear creek has been a very very accurate rig.
5be0702bd5cda4d03f2fb22bc5befb08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
I bought a couple Glock barrels from Bear Creek and they were a little rough. Took some fitting to get them to work with my slide. Are the uppers reliable? It looks like a really nice rifle. Their prices are almost too good to be true.

OP
jadkins223

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a couple Glock barrels from Bear Creek and they were a little rough. Took some fitting to get them to work with my slide. Are the uppers reliable? It looks like a really nice rifle. Their prices are almost too good to be true.

I have had 5 or so of their uppers with zero issues. In my circle of gun buddies we probably have 10-12 bear creek firearms and we all like them and have performed great for us. Try them out !

E-Rawk

FNG
I bought that same upper for a coyote gun, getting ready to dial it in now with my Vortex Razor LHT. In shooting it with a newly built lower it doesn't seem to want to completely chamber a second round after firing. Gonna try it out with a different lower to eliminate the suspect captive spring buffer I'm using in that particular lower though.

Same lower functions amazing with the BCA 350 Legend upper on it though. So maybe its just undergassed enough with the 20" rifle gas length upper that I'm not getting full travel out of that buffer.

OP
jadkins223

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I bought that same upper for a coyote gun, getting ready to dial it in now with my Vortex Razor LHT. In shooting it with a newly built lower it doesn't seem to want to completely chamber a second round after firing. Gonna try it out with a different lower to eliminate the suspect captive spring buffer I'm using in that particular lower though.

Same lower functions amazing with the BCA 350 Legend upper on it though. So maybe its just undergassed enough with the 20" rifle gas length upper that I'm not getting full travel out of that buffer.

Man I wouldn’t think it’s undergassed. I would like to see how it functions on your other lower. I’ve never had an undergas issues. I did have a 7.62x39 upper that might have been a bit overgassed. It thumped

MThuntr

WKR

Lots of people struggle with BCA gear...seems like 50% are complete garbage. You might luck out with an adjustable gas block.

Seems like most of the reviews here are positive for BCA. Been thinking about trying one of their uppers with a PSA lower at this next paycheck. Thank you all for the info.

MThuntr

WKR
Seems like most of the reviews here are positive for BCA. Been thinking about trying one of their uppers with a PSA lower at this next paycheck. Thank you all for the info.
I've sent back 2 uppers and a friend sent back 1...none of the one sent back were worthy of the low cost they charge. The first was overpressure and blew out factory ammo primers 1 in 5 times and the barrel looked like the rifling tool had Parkinsons. The second has a much improved rifling but was still awful and again overpressure. I put an adjustable gas block on but discovered the gas port was so oversized it gas cut everything. Neither upper shot groups that would have been acceptable in any capacity. My friend bought a different upper from them and guess what...I didn't shoot minute of barn. His popped primers more often than mine. We both bought Palmetto Uppers after purging that garbage. The PSA shoot great.

I've sent back 2 uppers and a friend sent back 1...none of the one sent back were worthy of the low cost they charge. The first was overpressure and blew out factory ammo primers 1 in 5 times and the barrel looked like the rifling tool had Parkinsons. The second has a much improved rifling but was still awful and again overpressure. I put an adjustable gas block on but discovered the gas port was so oversized it gas cut everything. Neither upper shot groups that would have been acceptable in any capacity. My friend bought a different upper from them and guess what...I didn't shoot minute of barn. His popped primers more often than mine. We both bought Palmetto Uppers after purging that garbage. The PSA shoot great.
Looks like I may be waiting it out for a blem psa. Someone just bought the last one in .308 unfortunately.

OP
jadkins223

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider

Goodluck man. Would love to hear an update once hammering. Happy shooting !

OP
jadkins223

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider

f0314aeee2a2d12800c9041c60b216fb.jpg

I’m sorry to hear those experiences. I haven’t encountered that. All of mine have been sub 1” at 100 with factory ammo. All have shot well under 1” with hand loads. My 7.62x39 would consistently shoot 0.75” group with 123 SSTs