Bear attack or homicide in Montana

It might not have ended differently, but I wonder if the guy was armed? Plenty of folks just merrily go into wilderness without any protection whatsoever. Camping, hiking, bow hunting, just never know when or where the unexpected might occur.

BTLowry

FNG
I thought I read somewhere the victim was missing a few days and the friend found him after going searching?

But maybe I am thinking of another event all together?

If the friend did it I am sure there is evidence that would connect him and the authorities will arrest him soon.

It might not have ended differently, but I wonder if the guy was armed? Plenty of folks just merrily go into wilderness without any protection whatsoever. Camping, hiking, bow hunting, just never know when or where the unexpected might occur.
Armed or not, you're pretty darn vulnerable when you are sleeping. I've got a set of "rules" I follow when I camp. Sleeping with a handgun is one of them, but less important than the others.

Choose your campsites wisely. Using a decoy tent isn't a bad idea.

Armed or not, you're pretty darn vulnerable when you are sleeping. I've got a set of "rules" I follow when I camp. Sleeping with a handgun is one of them, but less important than the others.

Choose your campsites wisely. Using a decoy tent isn't a bad idea.
I have to say, I envy folks who can go off into deep woods and/or back country without seemingly a care or worry in the world. Especially alone I don’t think I’d ever be able to completely relax and sleep soundly. Maybe I should have developed more of Tom Berenger’s character, Sgt. Barnes, attitude in Platoon. “ We all gotta die sometime, Red. “