Bear adapt for a first time wheelie bow owner? Or....

bobinmi

WKR
I've been a stickbow hunter for pretty much my entire life. Last compound that I owned and shot more than a couple times, was a pearson spoiler. 90%+ of my hunting is whitetail from stands. The Bear Adapt is intriguing to me but I'm kind of a gear head and I'm concerned that I won't be satisfied without a flagship type bow and the Prime inline 5 has my attention. Has anyone shot or owned the adapt? What were your thoughts.

mparks270

Lil-Rokslider
I've put myself in this situation. Twice in the last 5 years in fact. My solution was to turn to the classifieds here and ArcheryTalk to find a 1-2 year old flagship bow instead of buying all brand new. Same with components. Think about the resale value of Bear vs. Mathews/Prime/Hoyt.

I'm shooting a Prime Logic CT5 right now. Don't see why I would need to upgrade. Always holding out hope that I can return to the stickbow and put the compound in an emergency, glass case! :)

Last edited:

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Prime inline 5 on sale at mountain archery supply - $799, message me and I'll let you know how to get a promo code for another 10% off.

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
Prime inline 5 on sale at mountain archery supply - $799, message me and I'll let you know how to get a promo code for another 10% off.

I appreciate that offer a ton. I've got a couple local shops that are dealers though and Id prefer to buy from whoever is gonna be working on it.

Floridave

FNG
I can’t speak on the Bear Adapt but I was in same situation this year. Lifelong longbow and recurve hunter, been away from all archery for several years now. Coming back now and going with compound.
Ended up with new old stock, older flagship Bear Kuma 30 that I’m really happy with. It's a few years from being the latest and greatest, and was only offered for a year or two, but as near as I can tell, Bear doesn't currently have a single bow in their hunting lineup that matches the 345 speed of the Kuma 30. Speeds not everything, but I'll take fast over slow and I'm very glad I went with this and not one of the others I was considering.

Won’t hunt with it until next year, but setting it up and getting it dialed in has been great.

f7666464363439efed20ff7e438fdde9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can’t speak on the Bear Adapt but I was in same situation this year. Lifelong longbow and recurve hunter, been away from all archery for several years now. Coming back now and going with compound.
Ended up with new old stock, older flagship Bear Kuma 30 that I’m really happy with. It's a few years from being the latest and greatest, and was only offered for a year or two, but as near as I can tell, Bear doesn't currently have a single bow in their hunting lineup that matches the 345 speed of the Kuma 30. Speeds not everything, but I'll take fast over slow and I'm very glad I went with this and not one of the others I was considering.

Won’t hunt with it until next year, but setting it up and getting it dialed in has been great.

f7666464363439efed20ff7e438fdde9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience the Kuma was an excellent bow. Overall I like the bows in the legend series from Bear, but I haven't kept up with them as much past few years.

I don't think the Adapt is part of the legend series, the higher quality, dealer only bows.

Go shoot them. Shoot everything you can. You maybe surprised what really feels good to you. Buy what feels right to you. I bet if you were to help someone but a stick, you would have them shoot several. Don’t change the process. Good luck with your search.

Still have 10% off codes???